Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LA to NY Kick-off Rally

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did anyone else just get this in their mailbox? I just RSVP'd

Untitled-1.jpg

If they leave Los Angeles at 12:01 a.m., they will not have to sit in traffic. They can be in Flagstaff at sunrise. Will they be driving at the speed limit? A slow trip with a press conference at each supercharger would also be effective marketing--maybe that will be Elon's spring break trip.

RSVP'd as well, I was there on Sunday for John & Jills arrival so sending off the Tesla team might be historic also.

I got there as they were leaving for the airport, so I must of ran into you. I was in the green shirt with blue jeans, and had my three year old with me too. Were you the one in the black Tesla polo?

If they leave Los Angeles at 12:01 a.m., they will not have to sit in traffic. They can be in Flagstaff at sunrise. Will they be driving at the speed limit? A slow trip with a press conference at each supercharger would also be effective marketing--maybe that will be Elon's spring break trip.

I think that's why they're leaving Thursday morning. The world record for driving across country was done by driving well over 100Mph the whole way. The guy had a special gas tank so he wouldn't have to fill up, and a support helicopter that scouted for cops. I don't think Tesla wants to (nor should they) take it that far. So they'll probably be driving the speed limit the whole way, hence the bump to Thursday morning.

Maybe driving to the Super Bowl...

This was my exact thought shortly after it was announced. Throw some Broncos stickers on one car and Seahawks stickers on the other one and see who makes it to the Meadowlands first. Tesla could keep riding the free press train right through the Puppy Bowl or Bud Bowl or whatever big ad campaigns Detroit is paying for this year.

Throw some Broncos stickers on one car and Seahawks stickers on the other one and see who makes it to the Meadowlands first.

Ha ha, that would certainly be fun and add interest for the general public. I figure they will be coming through Hagerstown Saturday late afternoon, evening. Are you going to meet them, Jeff?

Lanny