Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon in Munich on Jan 30, 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The price reduction is really a reduction of the base price. It makes the model S more affordable.

I checked my own build and it came to about the same price as before. The options are a little different so it is difficult to really compare. Had I ordered later, I would certainly have chosen more options (love the red brakes and the foldable mirrors that were not yet available in Oct.).

So really, I would have spent more money.

Now they give you more choice. A 60 without any options is still a phantastic car.

When Elon Musk visited Oslo in March 2013, our Norwegian Tesla friends arranged a live stream of the whole evening with Elon Musk (speech + Q&A). I would appreciate it if our German Tesla friends could arrange something similar on Thursday evening.

Or at least a good quality video recording with a good quality sound recording as well. All Tesla friends all over the world would appreciate that. Thanks

When Elon Musk visited Oslo in March 2013, our Norwegian Tesla friends arranged a live stream of the whole evening with Elon Musk (speech + Q&A). I would appreciate it if our German Tesla friends could arrange something similar on Thursday evening.

Or at least a good quality video recording with a good quality sound recording as well. All Tesla friends all over the world would appreciate that. Thanks

+1. For those attending, please video record Elon's talk and upload to YouTube.

I googled Elon Musk and Munich but what I found was this. http://www.superyachts.com/luxury/tesla-model-s-offers-a-brand-new-driving-experience-2404.htm
Is he already there?

"Tesla is renowned for being a revolutionary creator of next generation automotives, so CEO Elon Musk’s decision to update the current flagship Model S with a Google Chrome web browser and Android emulating OS is taking that reputation one step further."

I think that was from his last visit to Germany.

Do you have more info on this?

The last event (october 21st 2013) was the opening event of the service center in munich.
Last time there was a small speech by Elon (about half an hour) about the progress of Tesla in general.
Afterwards there was Q&A part (about an hour) and everybody was so excited to ask a question;)
Elon seemed to like the Q&A part as he obviously answered more questions than planned;)
During the event Elon mentioned for example the high speed tweaks that will be done for high speed autobahn-travellling, and the plan to roll out superchargers in Germany and Europe (trip Munich to Lisboa will be possible in 2014). Please refer to thread about last event for more details.

As the new invitation looks pretty much the same as last time (no special topic mentioned), I guess the agenda (small speech, Q&A) could be similar this time.

This is from the email invitation:
"Invitation to an event in the Tesla Store in Munich
Elon Musk, co-founder and CEO TM
invites you +1 for this exclusive event:
Tesla Store Munich
at Blumenstrasse17, Munich
Thursday January 30 2014
06:30pm till 09:00pm
There is only limited space, please make you reservation.
Reservations will be confirmed by order of their reservation.
Access only with reservation"
munich_elon_event_jan_2014_munich_v5_01.jpg
munich_elon_event_jan_2014_munich_v5_02_0.jpg
munich_elon_event_jan_2014_munich_v5_03.jpg
munich_elon_event_jan_2014_munich_v5_04.jpgmunich_elon_event_jan_2014_munich_v5_05.jpg
munich_elon_event_jan_2014_munich_v5_06.jpg

update: received the confirmation of my reservation right now:)

Last edited:
We already know that there will be more stores, service centers and Supercharger stations. But that is not the main reason that Elon Musk decided to visit Germany again. He is going to make an announcement, that's for sure. And he ultimately wants to sell more Model Ses in Germany, we know that either. Could he be announcing a lease option for the German people?

He is coming to Norway as well on Saturday, so where is he on Friday? The event in Oslo was full-booked in a second. But I guess he will get the AWD question 100 times, so we will hopefully get an answer there.

Norse...You going? If not, do you know someone who might be attending and will they be able to get video? Thanks Al