Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 5.8.6/7/8/9/10

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was just told by a service manager that a new firmware update was released yesterday, and that it has new charging options.

Nothing downloaded in my car. Anyone see it yet?

I got notified last night that a new firmware build included a fix for folding mirror issues, which I'd had in the past, and that my car got pushed to the top of the queue. It was waiting when I took it to work this morning. I'll get it installed tonight and see what's new.

So I got 1.49.83. I didn't see it mentioned in the last few pages of the thread, but maybe it's an old one, because I see no changes to the charging screen, or anything else for that matter. The release notes were the standard 5.8 notes.

When I picked mine up from service today (drive inverter was swapped) I noticed they did a minor update from .57 to .83 , did not notice any difference on my way home, no changes in release notes either.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390654067.923103.jpg

Has anyone been able to confirm that 5.8.x enabled higher amperage on the driver's side USB port? There was a post a while back, but I didn't see any confirmation of this from other users, and when I've checked in my MS, I don't see any change. I installed a couple of battery apps/widgets to try & confirm, but they are still reporting 500mA charge rates, which is why I'm asking to see what the consensus is.

Thanks!

Has anyone been able to confirm that 5.8.x enabled higher amperage on the driver's side USB port? There was a post a while back, but I didn't see any confirmation of this from other users, and when I've checked in my MS, I don't see any change. I installed a couple of battery apps/widgets to try & confirm, but they are still reporting 500mA charge rates, which is why I'm asking to see what the consensus is.

Thanks!

I also installed some battery widgets after that post and confirmed that the driver side USB port does have higher amperage. Can't remember the numbers, but it was still less than my 12V adapter, so I just stook with that for charging my phone.

- - - Updated - - -

Here we go again. Let's please not clutter the thread up with folks posting that they don't have a new firmware update yet. Especially when if hasn't been confirmed that ANYONE has it yet.

I got 5.8.6 last night and installed immediately. Tesla also called me that this is the release to fix my scheduled charging issues where the car was cold soaked after standing in -16..-22C weather for 8+ hours before charging was to start. I can confirm that I left the car standing for 16h and it was -19C today (car interior reported -15C so it was really cold soaked) and it started charging without issues now. This should also fix a number of the norwegian and others issues.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and Tesla also told me that this release changes the behavior slightly for the 12V battery. Previously if you opened the charge port the 12V wasn't backed by the large battery pack until you either started charging or closed the port and pressed brake pedal. Now with this release it will use the wall power to support the 12V until charging starts. This means that there should be less 12V issues with scheduled charging where you wait for long time before scheduled charge starts.

, but hope it fixes the 25% amps chocking variability that I see from time to time at home. My power source is very good and even then, once every 10 connections/days, it drops to 30A...

Mine drops every single weekday now. The exact time varies by a few minutes, but otherwise exactly the same. According to my SC it only fixes the case where charge current would increase above the user selected value after a disruption.

Last edited: