Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Casa Grande, AZ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla's Supercharger Map for 2014 shows a location at or around Casa Grande. I believe there's a Carl's Jr on the outskirts of town, an outlet mall, and several nearby truck stops where a supercharger could be sited. Okay, Tesla Detectives, let's go to work to figure out the location . . . and no more screw-ups where we completely missed the correct location in Holbrook! :rolleyes:

Tesla's Supercharger Map for 2014 shows a location at or around Casa Grande. I believe there's a Carl's Jr on the outskirts of town, an outlet mall, and several nearby truck stops where a supercharger could be sited. Okay, Tesla Detectives, let's go to work to figure out the location . . . and no more screw-ups where we completely missed the correct location in Holbrook! :rolleyes:
I drove around the Promenade Mall there last night on my way back from Phoenix. I didn’t notice any supercharger construction, but at the outskirts of the mall there were plenty of transformers. Although I’m not personally interested in it, the In-Out Burger area seemed to be pretty active at night.

The old Tanger Outlet Mall (now called Home Center Direct) may also be a candidate, since it still hosts some working Blink stations, but it has been pretty much abandoned and there are no food restaurants there. I think there may still be restroom access at the leasing office.

I drove around the Promenade Mall there last night on my way back from Phoenix. I didn’t notice any supercharger construction, but at the outskirts of the mall there were plenty of transformers. Although I’m not personally interested in it, the In-Out Burger area seemed to be pretty active at night.

The old Tanger Outlet Mall (now called Home Center Direct) may also be a candidate, since it still hosts some working Blink stations, but it has been pretty much abandoned and there are no food restaurants there. I think there may still be restroom access at the leasing office.

That outlet mall is very sad these days... I used to stop there all the time ~20 years ago when I was at UofA. I guess all the outlets closer in to Phoenix took all their business...

I went south today to the Carl's Jr. in Casa Grande AZ for lunch. No construction there, although there are some good stall locations should a supercharger installation occur at Carl's Jr.
I was hoping to catch a crew beginning construction or at least the signs of a SC start there. NOTHING YET! Darn the luck!
The Arizona Tesla community appreciates your dedication to updates on Arizona Superchargers. I doubt, however, that we are likely to see much activity in Casa Grande until permits are issued (and we have no indication yet of even an application for such). I wonder if Carl's Jr will be the location and wonder if the manager might know of what's in the future. After the Holbrook fiasco, maybe we need to ask all of the Burger King managers about possible superchargers.

Any news on the Phoenix-Tucson corridor? This is definitely the one missing link for us in AZ, and is also a downfall for many people that I'm trying to talk into a Tesla.

For example....A coworker is talking of getting a new BMW 6-series sedan. I kept my 6-series convertible (which I LOVE) when I got my Tesla, and I told her that the Tesla is actually "cheaper" all-in than the 6-series, and equally (or more!) fun and cool, AND it gets you the HOV lane, which is actually the REAL reason I got it in the first place. But Tucson was the problem for her, because she (and I) have clients there and she would not have a back-up car like I do. Yes...there are ways to do it (though I have not yet tried). And yes....she could always rent a car. But the inconvenience factor (and probably all the other 'unknowns') is just too much for her.

So....a Casa Grande or North Tucson SC would rock!!

It IS possible to get from Phoenix to Tucson and back on one charge . . . and the charging station and RV Park at Picacho Peak provides a safety net of sorts. Since Casa Grande isn't on the 'coming soon' list, I gotta think that were probably looking at the Fall or early Winter for the install.

I heard on the radio that the Supercharger in Casa Grande is open but don't see any mention of it here. Now I am questioning myself. I'm posting it in case someone nearby can confirm it.

Maybe they confused it with the Gila Bend SC? Tesla mistakenly took the Casa Grande dot "live" when Gila Bend opened, but fixed the map a day or so later...

I live in Casa Grande, so if anyone gets a sniff of any supercharger activity here, let me know and I'll run over and check it out. I live about a mile from the Promenade shopping center, which would seem to me to be the most likely place for it.

I live in Casa Grande, so if anyone gets a sniff of any supercharger activity here, let me know and I'll run over and check it out. I live about a mile from the Promenade shopping center, which would seem to me to be the most likely place for it.
I purposely went and drove around a week ago in Casa Grande checking out all the areas near the Highway. I didn't find anything. At one point I thought that maybe the Dairy Queen which is housed at the 76 gas station would have been a spot because they do have a Tenant Improvident permit out. I drove around there a few days ago and didn't see any activity. There is also a permit out at the Phoenix Mart welcome center, which is at the old outlet mall (which by the way has some Blink chargers still active). The supercharger could also be near the I-10 & I-8 interchange, which is outside the Casa Grande City proper - possible off of Sunland Gin Road.

The Casa Grande online permit lookup is almost non-existent. They do publish a report every month (http://casagrandeaz.gov/dept/planning/building-division/monthly-reports-generator/), but it's just a summary. They also have a nice online interactive map (http://amethyst.ci.casa-grande.az.us/issued_permits/Issued_Permits.html) which lists the issued permits, but it doesn't provide much information.