Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Photo Slideshow for Tesla Screen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all-

I've been kicking around the idea of displaying pictures of the family on the main screen in a more eloquent way than pulling up flickr or other photo sites. I looked around to see if there were other ideas for doing this and couldn't find any that didn't involve "playing" with the screen to get the next picture to come up. Also, any transitions seemed very choppy on most sites. So, I threw a (very rough) website together to try to test it out. It then occurred to me that others may also be interested in this.

Is this something that you would be interested in if I created a page for uploading pics under a unique ID? This would let you type in (or bookmark) the page with your unique ID and view your pictures whenever you want or to use as a screensaver of sorts.

Here are some examples of the zoom and fade transitions:

[video=vimeo;85083427]https://vimeo.com/85083427[/video]
[video=vimeo;85083920]https://vimeo.com/85083920[/video]

(Obligatory statement about "watching" your photo slide show while driving: Please don't.)

Upload page would include a place for your ID and some other options like transitions, backgrounds, etc. No collection of personal information or passwords.

Thoughts?

Brian

beam.nokia.com if you own a nokia windows phone with black installed. You can then present the phonescreen on any webrowser. do ppt, pictures etc... really cool...

as I dont have my car yet I have not tested it in the tesla but pretty sure it works... anyone with a nokia lumia that can test and confirm?

Last edited:
Thanks, all. I'll look into the Dropbox some more, but from what I remember it requires authentication, which then takes a lot of the ease of use away. I'll work on it and then post the site or send the link to those interested in PMs for beta testing.

Full screen is definitely possible, but the animation will suffer. Not sure why the browser power seems so crippled compared to how fast/smooth the screen swap moves. May get a nice upgrade and API someday, that would make things much easier..

Thanks, all. I'll look into the Dropbox some more, but from what I remember it requires authentication, which then takes a lot of the ease of use away. I'll work on it and then post the site or send the link to those interested in PMs for beta testing.

Full screen is definitely possible, but the animation will suffer. Not sure why the browser power seems so crippled compared to how fast/smooth the screen swap moves. May get a nice upgrade and API someday, that would make things much easier..

PM me when you need beta testing!

Nokia works like a charm!

Attachments

• WP_20140128_12_53_16_Pro.jpg
    WP_20140128_12_53_16_Pro.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 433
They don't, you can only share photos with this app...

You are using the nokia Photo beamer... try Nokia beamer... it needs the Nokia. lumia black update for it to be available in the appstore.

Nokia beamer can show the whole windows phone UI instead of just photos... autoupdated screen or shake the phone to update. Love to hear how this looks on the tesla screem

this is a demo of the Nokia beamer. i use it. But curious if it works in the tesla :)
Nokia Beamer App Demo on Nokia Lumia 525 - YouTube

Last edited:

also very interested. PM me when/if you go further. :)