Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging while flying from Pittsburg Airport

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My experience has been it's extremely rare (so far) to find hotels that advertise themselves as EV-friendly (on Plugshare/Recargo or otherwise). The times I've taken road trips with uncertain destination charging options, I've called around to a few hotels to ask if any would let me plug in. I haven't yet found one in Pittsburgh, but I used the Electric Garage on Carnegie Mellon's campus because that was my daytime destination. That's not terribly convenient to South Hills, but it's a great option (8 charging stations) if you don't find anything closer.

I did find two hotels in NJ with 110V outdoor outlets and EV-friendly policies -- a Holiday Inn in Cherry Hill (one somewhat inconvenient outlet that I ended up not using), and a Hyatt House in Branchburg (4 pretty convenient outlets, 3 of which worked). Neither one is on Plugshare/Recargo yet, although I've encouraged both to register themselves.

I know I'm resurrecting this thread from the dead, but wondered if anyone has any news on the subject. I see that the airport now has some level 1 charging spots in the short term lot, but wondered if anyone has found any good solutions for longer term parking?

Update --- I flew out of PIT earlier this week and used Globe Parking. They were able to keep me plugged into a 120V outlet for the duration of my short trip. I suppose they may have rotated other EV's in and unplugged me, if needed, but that wasn't an issue. There was no additional charge for this, and the pricing was on par with PIT's extended parking lot.