Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
DavidM: I think that is the temporary Bethesda MD supercharger you are seeing. It is a 2 bay mobile system that will be taken offline once the Northern VA Supercharger comes online (or that is what we are being told). You can see a pic of the Bethesda MD Supercharger at Maryland Superchargers - Page 9. Scroll down towards the bottom of that page.

Thanks for clearing that up. I never knew there was such a thing as a temporary supercharger.

Permit application is 2700 Potomac Mills Circle Woodbridge, VA 22192. But I think that is the address of the whole mall .....

Right, and if it is in their parking lot, that address would make sense, wouldn't it? I wouldn't think they would get their own "special" address just for the charging stations would they? Although these things do pull enough power to warrant their own building haha!

Electrical permit on hold pending minor comments....

1. Where is Overcurrent Protective device for DC conductors from Super charging Cabinet to Charging Station?
2. Provide disconnecting means to satisfy NEC section 625.23
3. Who performs the field testing/labeling and what does it cover? NRTL will be required. NEC section 625.5 listed or labeled equipment.
4. Document field testing/labeling on the plans.
5. Include all load calculations on the plans.

These seem like "simple" questions. Why weren't these in the plans to begin with? Or are they just being over picky? I mean this isn't their first one in the world, nor is it the first for VA, so I would have thought that questions like this wouldn't be happening... lol.

Wait, what am I saying? I have done paperwork for the govt on numerous occasions, you can think everything is good and will get it pushed back because they felt that a certain word should have been hyphenated (true story, I actually had this happen to me).

Hopefully get it together soon! Thanks for the update.