Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

1year stats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday was my one year anniversary with Lithie. Hard to believe. This year has gone by fast. In the past year I have:
- driven from St. Louis to Denver using only campground charging
- driven up the highest paved road in the US and experienced the full power of regen as I gained 18 miles of range coming down the mountain
- driven from St. Louis to the shores of the largest great lake.

I've gotten over 'range anxiety' and on numerous occasions arrived at my destination with less than 10 miles of charge.

I've also met some of the kindest, smartest and most creative people around.

Yes, it hasn't always been sunshine and kittens. My car was damaged during the original delivery, I've had all of my door handles replaced, a couple of them more than once. I've had pano roof creaks, rack and pinion noises, and a whiny inverter all of which Tesla has fixed. And we are still trying to find a fix for the leaky triangle window.

But I love this car and wouldn't trade it for any other.

Anyways here are the stats I promised.
Miles driven 32016
KWh used 10555
Ave Wh/mi 330

Tires- Original Goodyear's were replaced at 26000 miles, my tires are rotated every 6000 miles.

Brakes
Starting measurements
Front 9mm. Rears 8mm
Tesla recommends replacement when brakes measure 2mm
Measurements after 1 year
Front 9mm Rears 8mm

No that is not a typo. I have used my brakes so little that the loss was unmeasurable with their standard measuring tool.

Well off to plan for this years adventures. Cali and Teslive are a definite possibility with Maine looking like another likely destination.

Last edited:
Yesterday was my one year anniversary with Lithie. Hard to believe. This year has gone by fast. In the past year I have:
- driven up the highest paved road in the US and experienced the full power of regen as I gained 18 miles of range coming down the mountain

I've gotten over 'range anxiety' and on numerous occasions arrived at my destination with less than 10 miles of charge.

Yes, it hasn't always been sunshine and kittens. My car was damaged during the original delivery, I've had all of my door handles replaced, a couple of them more than once. I've had pano roof creaks, rack and pinion noises, and a whiny inverter all of which Tesla has fixed. And we are still trying to find a fix for the leaky triangle window.

Miles driven 32016
KWh used 10555
Ave Wh/mi 330

Tires- Original Goodyear's were replaced at 26000 miles, my tires are rotated every 6000 miles.

Brakes
Starting measurements
Front 9mm. Rears 8mm
Front 9mm Rears 8mm

No that is not a typo. I have used my brakes so little that the loss was unmeasurable with their standard measuring tool.

Well off to plan for this years adventures. Cali and Teslive are a definite possibility with Maine looking like another likely destination.

What is your miles rated at when you do a rage charge if you don't mind me asking.

Looks like there's ONE aspect of a Tesla that's more expensive than an ICE - tires. Tires lasting 26K miles is akin to HALF (or worse) than I get in my Camry. I'll have to factor that into my Model E budget.

Miles driven 32016
KWh used 10555
Ave Wh/mi 330

Brakes
Starting measurements
Front 9mm. Rears 8mm
Front 9mm Rears 8mm

Congrats Liz. And while we have not met in person yet (though missed each other by most likely minutes!) looking forward to it this year! I think I may be able to squeeze 30 out of my tires. It will be cutting it close. The first 2k miles on my car threaded a lot of life off the tires (factory alignment was WAY off).

Cheers!

Looks like there's ONE aspect of a Tesla that's more expensive than an ICE - tires. Tires lasting 26K miles is akin to HALF (or worse) than I get in my Camry. I'll have to factor that into my Model E budget.

I just had to replace 2 of my 19's at 11K - rotated at 7K. So, Your "mileage may vary".

- - - Updated - - -

I just had my triangle window leak noise fixed on my 1 year old. I had in the shop twice, the first time, they did the TSB washer thing - which actually made the noise worse. This time around, they got it right - they replaced the actual glass, and voila - silence at last! Hope that helps!

Today is my one year anniversary!

20140126_072847.jpg

Been to Tahoe twice (last year, within a month of delivery), LA twice, and all over the bay area+Sacramento.
Love the storage space, user interface, and of course the acceleration!

Had my annual service on 1/30. Tires at 7/32" and brakes at 8mm, all.

100% max range charge at 192 miles, pretty consistent the last few times I did a range charge (and yes it went all the way to "charge complete").
90% at 169 miles. "A" battery but it's a 60 so I have seen 100kW supercharger rates

20140110_125421.jpg

Overall, quite happy with the 60. Only a handful of situations where the 85 would have saved a little time, but I haven not been in situations where I could not make a trip because I had a 60 and not an 85.
Rather concerned about degradation (not all of us have islandbayy's magic touch), and if it continues to go down then I'll have to go to 100% more and more, which may (or may not) accelerate degradation.

At the end of the day, however, I can't see myself buying any other car. go Tesla!