Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

new service center + supercharger in Aartselaar?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I've been trying to do the math on whether I should buy a Tesla, and it seems all is going into the direction where the conclusion will be to buy one.
The only issue we're having is that we are living in a house without garage, and no space to install a charging facility, or even without the option to put a cable as it would be dangerous for passers-by.

We went to the salon in Brussels today to discuss our options with Tesla, and - off the record - the guy was able to confirm that the new service center would be built near the A12 in Aartselaar, which would be absolutely brilliant being from Boom ourselves, and that there would probably be a new supercharger nearby or on-site of the new service center.

Just wanted to share this info here.

Are there any other owners on the forum that do need to rely on public charging facilities? How do you do that at the moment?
I've decided to wait until the new locations are confirmed (internally, they should be confirmed within the month, but it might take a few weeks longer for Tesla to confirm to the outside world a well...) to see whether we'll purchase the Tesla. Financially with all the benefits and government stimuli, it's a done deal, but I'm just very unsure as to how practical it will be for us needing to rely on the public infrastructure...

Also - the guy told me that the "normal" distance between supercharges is 150km, but that Tesla Belgium is trying to convince HQ to make an exception for the Belgian market :) Let's hope that we'll see two superchargers in Belgium :) Where along the A12 do you think they'll build it? The old smart site perhaps? Or on site "autoland" with Cardoen and other car companies... Very excited!

I think Belgium is still a No Man's Land as it comes to public charging infrastructure, so for now you'll have to be able to charge at home.

A SC at the A12 would be great, but I think the A1 is a better route to Brussels.

As far as I know Tesla is working together with AC Restaurants/Autogrill, so those locations seem the best. A Autogrill on the A1 somewhere?

That would be perfect as well for me ;-) There is one in Waarloos, I believe ;-)
I'll probably have access to a charging point where I work, but would be much better indeed to be able to charge at home. I can not believe that Belgium is so far behind honestly (as usual).

Hello,

I've been trying to do the math on whether I should buy a Tesla, and it seems all is going into the direction where the conclusion will be to buy one.
The only issue we're having is that we are living in a house without garage, and no space to install a charging facility, or even without the option to put a cable as it would be dangerous for passers-by.

We went to the salon in Brussels today to discuss our options with Tesla, and - off the record - the guy was able to confirm that the new service center would be built near the A12 in Aartselaar, which would be absolutely brilliant being from Boom ourselves, and that there would probably be a new supercharger nearby or on-site of the new service center.

Just wanted to share this info here.

Are there any other owners on the forum that do need to rely on public charging facilities? How do you do that at the moment?
I've decided to wait until the new locations are confirmed (internally, they should be confirmed within the month, but it might take a few weeks longer for Tesla to confirm to the outside world a well...) to see whether we'll purchase the Tesla. Financially with all the benefits and government stimuli, it's a done deal, but I'm just very unsure as to how practical it will be for us needing to rely on the public infrastructure...

Also - the guy told me that the "normal" distance between supercharges is 150km, but that Tesla Belgium is trying to convince HQ to make an exception for the Belgian market :) Let's hope that we'll see two superchargers in Belgium :) Where along the A12 do you think they'll build it? The old smart site perhaps? Or on site "autoland" with Cardoen and other car companies... Very excited!

Last year I had a project in Brussels and passed by the old Smart Center daily, and it always looked like an ideal place for Tesla. The building is very 'interesting' and that part of the A12 is definitely a good place to shop for a car. (Cardoen, BMW, Peugeot, Citroen, and some other dealers in the same area)

A service center might have an super charger, but it would only have a single one, it would not be like a true Super Charger with 6-8 charging spots. And indeed, it would not be a very good location as it is only on the route from A'pen to Bxl. (Though, being from around A'pen myself, I would not mind it being there)

Antwaaarps kan oek, as ge da liever hebt?
Mor sinds dit forum "the Netherlands and Belgium" heet, leek Engels mij de voertaal (zeker omdat de NL-talige topic uitdrukkelijk de melding "Dutch" draagt ;-) )

- - - Updated - - -

I realise that a Service Center would not be a fullworthy Super Charger, but the guy told me that the Super Charger would in fact be near the Service Center.
Still crossing my finger, because even not being ideal, it would be a good location still.

Also - if I look on the map, it looks as if the super chargers are not always right on the high ways, or are they?

Kan er dan misschien iemand ook gewoon eens over de vraag reageren? Wist ik veel dat taal hier blijkbaar een belangrijke topic is.
Verander dan de naam van het forum misschien meteen in "Vlaanderen en Nederland", want in het zuiden van België gaan ze hier ook niet meteen in het NL posten, hoor :)

Zucht - zelfs op Tesla fora kan je dus dergelijke discussies hebben naar aanleiding van een eenvoudige vraag.

Boom...

Kan er dan misschien iemand ook gewoon eens over de vraag reageren? Wist ik veel dat taal hier blijkbaar een belangrijke topic is.
Verander dan de naam van het forum misschien meteen in "Vlaanderen en Nederland", want in het zuiden van België gaan ze hier ook niet meteen in het NL posten, hoor :)

Zucht - zelfs op Tesla fora kan je dus dergelijke discussies hebben naar aanleiding van een eenvoudige vraag.

Dat is tenminste de naam die ik heb horen vallen tijdens een geprek met een van de Tesla mensen op het salon.. Boom zou de nieuwe locatie voor het servicecenter worden.. maar of daar dan ook ene supercharger komt... is nog zeer de vraag..
zou wel makkelijk zijn, dan is die 3 km van mijn deur..

Antwaaarps kan oek, as ge da liever hebt?
Mor sinds dit forum "the Netherlands and Belgium" heet, leek Engels mij de voertaal (zeker omdat de NL-talige topic uitdrukkelijk de melding "Dutch" draagt ;-) )

- - - Updated - - -

I realise that a Service Center would not be a fullworthy Super Charger, but the guy told me that the Super Charger would in fact be near the Service Center.
Still crossing my finger, because even not being ideal, it would be a good location still.

Also - if I look on the map, it looks as if the super chargers are not always right on the high ways, or are they?

geen enkele van de superchargers in Europa ligt op een snelweg, bij mijn weten.

wel steeds aan een uitrit, en bij een algemene, bestaande 'service-plaats', zodat er accomodatie is (hotel, restaurant,...)

het zou mij niet verwonderen dat men in een TeslaServiceCenter één supercharger zou plaatsen.

Dat is tenminste de naam die ik heb horen vallen tijdens een geprek met een van de Tesla mensen op het salon.. Boom zou de nieuwe locatie voor het servicecenter worden.. maar of daar dan ook ene supercharger komt... is nog zeer de vraag..
zou wel makkelijk zijn, dan is die 3 km van mijn deur..
Ik woon ook in Boom, dus daar zou ik best mee kunnen leven. Nu het gemeentebestuur wat blijven spammen, want vooralsnog is daar geen beweging in te krijgen.

Geen idee van wanneer dit er al staat. Mijn zoon had opgemerkt dat je kan inzoomen op de kaart van service centers (Tesla website), en wel in die mate van detail dat je zou denken dat het de exacte locatie lijkt aan te duiden (?)
Nee,
Dit is niet de exacte locatie, in Den Haag hadden ze de pin ergens in een woonwijk gezet. Men weet bij Tesla waarschijnlijk niet dat je kan inzoomen op de kaart.

Nee,
Dit is niet de exacte locatie, in Den Haag hadden ze de pin ergens in een woonwijk gezet. Men weet bij Tesla waarschijnlijk niet dat je kan inzoomen op de kaart.

klopt, op die plaats in A'pen is geen enkel gebouw dat in aanmerking kan komen.

eventueel wel de oude Porsche Garage wat verder, op de hoek van Noorderlaan en Londenstraat.
maar het blijft speculatie.

- - - Updated - - -

I would have said a location on the east side of the Brussels ring would be best for Belgium - and perhaps one near Arlon on the E411

FYI : this was about the new SC = ServiceCenter in Antwerp, not about the new SC = SuperCharger...