Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wickenburg, AZ town meeting 1/20 5:30pm

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ItsNotAboutTheMoney

Jul 12, 2012
Maine
AZ EV Driver at gm-volt.com posted about a Tesla Supercharger item on the agenda at his town meeting.

Tesla Supercharge Coming to My Little Town (Maybe)

It's Monday 1/20/2014 (today!) at 5:30pm, so maybe interested parties could go there and schmooze and ask for restaurant recommendations.

I'm sure you AZans know, but Wickenburg is a 2014 dot on the Tesla map. It's on the Phoenix-LV route, between Phoenix and Kingman at the intersection of 93 and 60. 130 miles before Kingman, which seems like a great distance for a fast blast of Supercharger.

All over this like a duck on a june bug. Yippee.

This is a GREAT potential location. Absolutely right in the heart of downtown Wickenburg. 155 N Tegner IS the Town Hall - or, rather, that address is "Town Court" which houses the Town Hall. Which in itself suggests that TMInc has been having discussions with those who have been casting about in search of ways to keep Wickenburg from dying a slow death.

Our Model S will be there!

On edit: I think something is due for a car wash....... :)

This is a GREAT potential location. Absolutely right in the heart of downtown Wickenburg.

Glad you can be there... Agree that its a great location:

- 130 miles to the Kingman Supercharger -- so makes Las Vegas reachable in a 60
- 93 miles to the Quartzsite Supercharger -- so helpful for a return trip from LA in middle of summer when taking US 60 instead of I-10 (which is ~30 miles shorter than taking I-10 to our house in far-north Scottsdale).
- 25 miles to my parent's summer place in Yarnell -- so will allow weekend visits without having to worry about charging in Yarnell.
- 59 miles to Prescott -- so perhaps Mark's lunch trip to Prescott can be scheduled once this is open!

All over this like a duck on a june bug. Yippee.

This is a GREAT potential location. Absolutely right in the heart of downtown Wickenburg. 155 N Tegner IS the Town Hall - or, rather, that address is "Town Court" which houses the Town Hall. Which in itself suggests that TMInc has been having discussions with those who have been casting about in search of ways to keep Wickenburg from dying a slow death.

Enter "restaurants near 155 N Tegner St, Wickenburg, AZ". No idea how they are, of course, since I'm just a spectactor, but it looks like there's a choice.

AZ EV Driver indicated he'd be there so if you see a Volt in the parking lot and hear someone asking that they ask Tesla to install J1772 chargers as well I hope you can say hello and offer him a ride. :)

Enter "restaurants near 155 N Tegner St, Wickenburg, AZ". No idea how they are, of course, since I'm just a spectactor, but it looks like there's a choice.

AZ EV Driver indicated he'd be there so if you see a Volt in the parking lot and hear someone asking that they ask Tesla to install J1772 chargers as well I hope you can say hello and offer him a ride. :)

And you could point out that a ClipperCreek CS-90 or CS-100 J1772 would help other EV's Roadsters, and and provide overflow capacity for the Superchargers!

Okay Audie . . . did the supercharger get approved for installation at the Town Hall? I gotta think that somebody in town/city governement in Wickenburg has some serious love for Tesla to consider it for municipal property.

It's rather odd that they held a town council meeting on MLK Day. Maybe I should reflect on the fact that Arizona was the last state to ratify MLK Day as a national holiday.

I prefer to think of AZ being the first to hold an election to endorse the holiday...

Not a proud moment in state history - the holiday was originally defeated and then approved by voters two years later only after the NFL refused to play the 1993 Superbowl in the state with a resulting loss of $500 million in revenue. NOW, back to the topic. What are the next steps for Wickenburg?