Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2008 Fusion Red with Beige interior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got an email today that my roadster has entered production and will be ready for delivery in about 7 weeks. I have decided to sell it because in the 2 years since I placed my order, I had a baby (he's 4 months now) and so I had to buy a "practical" car (a BMW X5, in case you are curious!).

If we can quickly close the deal, I will be able to submit your name and other information as the original registered owner of the car so that you can qualify for the tax rebate and you can choose where to have it delivered.

Make me an offer...

Last edited:
The Fusion red might make it difficult to sell. That color looks really good in person, but people don't order it often compared to the Radiant Red.

I think the owner is taking a big risk by going ahead with production instead of requesting a refund. He may get a Roadster that he doesn't want now. It will be much tougher to sell in two months when the $7,500 tax credit can no longer be transferred and it is a used car.

Curious what the VIN is on this car. I assume it's a 2008. Does Tesla still give him the option to cancel right up until delivery?

He had the option of cancelling up until production started. Clearly the person knew before that because the baby has been coming for a long time and the BMW X5 was already purchased. Knowing all of that and being aware of the fragile financial condition of Tesla Motors, I would have asked for a refund in that situation.

I don't see any of these Roadsters getting much of a premium to make the risk worthwhile.

That's current policy and certainly makes sense. But I think some portion of the 2008s had the option to cancel right up until the day of delivery and still get an almost full refund.

I don't have the paperwork available right now to confirm it, but I'm pretty sure that I had the option to get a refund right up to the day of delivery.