Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mobile TMC application?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wondering if the idea of creating a mobile application for this awesome site has ever been considered. I know it would take plenty of work but I think it would be practical and fun to keep involved with TMC from an Android or Apple device.

Just wondering if the idea of creating a mobile application for this awesome site has ever been considered. I know it would take plenty of work but I think it would be practical and fun to keep involved with TMC from an Android or Apple device.

Hi,

Welcome to the forums.

There is a mobile style that I use on my Smartphone. It works well for me.

If you are interested in joining a Florida Tesla club, please click on the link in my signature.

Larry

Yes, Tapatalk Pro gets me through vast swathes of TMC land in quick time. The Participated section gets me quickly to the threads that I had posted to in the past (and am more likely to continue to follow). The Unread section gets me to a sampling of new posts quickly. Image uploads have been seamless too straight from the smartphone.

If you use tapatalk, please consider becoming a supporting member. The problem with tapatalk for site admins is that we rely on ad revenue to be sustainable. Tapatalk repackages forum content without replacing revenue, and has actually caused the death a some forums. It's a rather cannibalistic business model.

It is, however, most likely the best alternative for browsing the forum while mobile, from a users perspective. That is at least until we change platforms, which won't be for a while.

If you use tapatalk, please consider becoming a supporting member. The problem with tapatalk for site admins is that we rely on ad revenue to be sustainable. Tapatalk repackages forum content without replacing revenue, and has actually caused the death a some forums. It's a rather cannibalistic business model.

It is, however, most likely the best alternative for browsing the forum while mobile, from a users perspective. That is at least until we change platforms, which won't be for a while.

I'm surprised the authors of the forum software packages (vbulletin, phpforum, etc) haven't figured out a way to work with the author of tapatalk to solve this issue.

I guess it's time to donate again :)

A