Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

feedback on Alliant credit union loan?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm beginning to finalize my Tesla, and one of the loan offers I have is through Alliant Credit Union. I have seen many people post that they have gone with Alliant, but I was wondering from those who have been paying off a loan through them for some time now: how the process has been so far? Any issues? I haven't dealt with loans from smaller credit union types before. What I've read so far have been positive things. They have repeatedly said no fee for paying more than your scheduled amount, and no fee to pay the car off early.

I'm beginning to finalize my Tesla, and one of the loan offers I have is through Alliant Credit Union. I have seen many people post that they have gone with Alliant, but I was wondering from those who have been paying off a loan through them for some time now: how the process has been so far? Any issues? I haven't dealt with loans from smaller credit union types before. What I've read so far have been positive things. They have repeatedly said no fee for paying more than your scheduled amount, and no fee to pay the car off early.

The loan process was incredibly easy. It literally too probably 30 minutes total (to qualify, open a Credit union account, and fund the loan).

The payment is withdrawn automatically each month from my normal checking account (not an account with Alliant), so it's pretty much painless.

I cannot recommend them highly enough.

I have used them twice and I live in SoCal. They are absolutely the BEST. My contact there is Erik Nitzke at (773) 462-2194. You will be very happy. Rates are the lowest around.

Pretty much the same as above. To get the lowest rates requires automatic withdrawal, so paying them is simple. They allow payment from outside banks as well, so you don't need to worry about getting money into an Alliant savings/checking account if you don't want to.

Further, since you're in Palo Alto, should something go seriously wrong, they have a branch up in San Mateo you could visit if you really need to speak to someone in person.

I'd use them again, for sure.

Same as above. Would use them again. I financed 100% and bought GAP insurance from them as well. It was ~249 and seemed like a good deal on a 100k+ loan on a vehicle with an unknown residual history.

Thanks a bunch for the quick feedback! Seems like a really good deal with a good service. Especially being able to pay through an external account with an automatic payment.

Thanks for pointing out they have a branch in california Gizmo, I hadn't noticed that either.

I live about 8 hours away from the nearest branch and use Alliant for all of my finances. They are very prompt and I have never had to go to a branch. They are honest, have fantastic rates, and very trusting in you. I love Alliant Credit Union for everything they have to offer and in the way they handle their customers. I do have a loan from them but not an auto loan and the repayment options are very wide ranging and reverse.

They are fantastic. I just got my tax stuff for 2013 from them and I realized that they deposited $110 into my account. I called them and they said that until 2/1 everyone that finances a tesla through them get $100 (and they pay the $10 to open the savings account they require)