Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Syosset, NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another supercharger is now under construction and this thread is dedicated to the periodically updates and pictures. The location will be at the Syosset, NY store/service center at 7 Aeriel Way Syosset, NY 11791.

Google Maps - http://goo.gl/92izT5
Tesla Wiki Supercharger Map - http://www.teslawiki.net/supercharger/ (needs to be updated with new location)
Store -
http://www.teslamotors.com/syosset
Service Center -
http://www.teslamotors.com/service/syosset

Info and pictures come from
jtodtman on the teslamotors.com forum.

11968357745_8ecd5373ec.jpg

Last edited:
Just received an email from Tesla that it in fact is live. This is great for me as it is right across the street from my kids Soccer & should be convenient for others as it is right off the Long Island Expressway. Can't wait for the service center to open up.

TM really needs additional chargers here, especially now hat the summer is coming.

JFK is of limited use for most people (and always full of black cars). That means other than the soon to open Southampton charger there are only 4 bays in all of Long Island, a huge market for TM.

Is there a lobbying processes to get more chargers here? Does anyone know the procedure.

This station needs a repair. The one all the way on the left (looking at the building) is painfully slow (about 20 kw). I moved over one and got 70kw on the other on the pair. I then moved one further and got 115kw for a short time, and then it dropped quickly to 75 kw while I was still at 30%. This is a heavily used charger and it fills regularly. Repair and upgrade needed.

This station needs a repair. The one all the way on the left (looking at the building) is painfully slow (about 20 kw). I moved over one and got 70kw on the other on the pair. I then moved one further and got 115kw for a short time, and then it dropped quickly to 75 kw while I was still at 30%. This is a heavily used charger and it fills regularly. Repair and upgrade needed.
Did you call the number on the supercharger to let them know? They might see it here, but calling them and telling them would be much more likely to get it fixed.

On the Nav it says "reduced service" on this SC. It is always slow and has been for 6 months or so. Apparently they know about it, and it is not on the priority list. Anyone visiting LI is best advised to avoid this SC if you can. In addition it is a busy service center and usually full. You can go in and ask them to move cars and they are usually very accommodating, but beware.

• Informative
Reactions: jthompson
I had the misfortune to need this SC on my first ever road trip with the family and our 2 month old Model X. One of four stalls was out of order and blocked off, and the others were operating at a snails pace. We came to LI from Scranton, PA, and even with a quick stop at the Tannersville chargers, we needed to charge for the return trip. After a 20 minute wait, someone returned to their car and I was able to plug up. Unforuntately the charge rate was about 80 miles/hr. The location really needs to be repaired an expanded. Luckily my brother only lives about ten minutes away, so I was able to get them to pick me up and leave the car to charge for two hours. I really hope they get the "coming soon" Hicksville charger built to take the load off this SC station. Its obviously been dicey for awhile. Why wouldn't they fix it?

it's been a bit of time since I used this location and while I did not have the issues being discussed my complaint was that the chargers are overused by locals topping off. this limits access to those of us who are traveling and in need of a charge to continue the journey. As for the SvC staff refusing to move cars, that can go both ways, maybe they are charging cars for delivery or are in for service, if the cars are left beyond the time needed for a charge then the Svc center personnel are just not doing their job properly

Ugh... All 4 stalls are at reduced rate. 50kw shared per stall, it's seems. So 25kw of you're paired, that's what I'm seeing at least.

I called Tesla, they're aware. But ugh...

Last edited: