Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Solar Charging in Milwaukee

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The two outdoor charging stations in the front lot at Marshall Auto Body, an HPWC and a 75A Clipper Creek J1772 are now solar powered.
Here's a photo of the 71kW solar array that powers them and the body shop. They are free to all Tesla owners and the shops customers.

Attachments

• 008.png
    008.png
    280.9 KB · Views: 294
Sounds about right on the 100 MWh/year production. I plugged the following inputs into PVWatts 1:

DC Rating: 71 kW
DC Derate Factor: .9 (guestimate - this is what I use on my 5 kW home system to get realistic estimates)
Fixed Tilt: 10 degrees (guess based on picture)
Array Azimuth: 180 (guess - direct South)

Resulting production estimate: 94,971 kWh/year

I searched the public systems listed on Enphase Energy - Enlighten | Sign in to Enlighten. If they're using the Enphase micro inverters and web gateway, the system isn't currently shared. Would be cool to see live data from a large system like that...

Sounds about right on the 100 MWh/year production. I plugged the following inputs into PVWatts 1:

DC Rating: 71 kW
DC Derate Factor: .9 (guestimate - this is what I use on my 5 kW home system to get realistic estimates)
Fixed Tilt: 10 degrees (guess based on picture)
Array Azimuth: 180 (guess - direct South)

Resulting production estimate: 94,971 kWh/year

I searched the public systems listed on Enphase Energy - Enlighten | Sign in to Enlighten. If they're using the Enphase micro inverters and web gateway, the system isn't currently shared. Would be cool to see live data from a large system like that...

Try eGauge Home Page Go to devices and enter 7573 in the text box. It's been snowing and the panels are under two inches of the white stuff right now.
We will have to wait for better weather to see how well things work. Right now we are working on reducing our peak demand and overall electricity use with the goal of getting all our power from renewables.