Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Desert Concorso Italian Car Show

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received an email today that announced Tesla as a sponsor of the Desert Concorso Italian Car Show in Palm Desert, CA in March. This car show is related to Concorso Italiano that is held in August in Monterey, CA. This is the first time that I have noticed Tesla marketing (although I admit that I have not been looking for it). I just thought it was interesting that Tesla is promoting themselves at this event. Here is a quote from the email:

[FONT=&quot]Tesla Joins Desert Concorso:[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

DesertConcorso’s goal is to become a little Geneva Auto Show centered around our corelove affair with the Italian cars and lifestyle. We are therefore verypleased to welcome Tesla Motors as our newest sponsor with their innovative andvery stylish approach to the motorcar. Tesla will be at DC offering testdrives, and as a special promotion for exhibitors, Tesla will be offering avery limited number of factory tours to those exhibitors who are first tocontact us. The factory is located in Fremont, CA. The tourwill also include a spirited test drive and a chance to meet some new age “carguys”.

They've been going to car shows for awhile. I.E. Detroit

That is not the same thing, Detroit, LA and others like it are industry trade shows that the public is allowed to enter. These are an OEMs new offerings to show to automotive journalist and opinion leaders in the general public.

The Concorso is to display mostly classic and vintage cars for enthusiast. They usually have one or two OEM sponsors that bring their new cars to the show.