Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tampa - Sebring - Tampa

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have some business in Sebring on Thursday. Map software says round trip is 200 miles from my office in downtown Tampa. I assume that with a large enough charge, and some relatively conservative driving, I should be able to make it in my P85, but I've never pushed the car to that limit before.

has anyone else made the trip on a single charge?

200 miles in Florida should be a cake walk.

I've done 250miles on a single charge, and over half was in heavy 35F rain, the remainder in 40F cold, all of it over terrain.

I've done over 200 miles on a half dozen occasions with the only real consideration was my total driving distance, and that I did a range charge.
I've even done over 200 miles without a range charge.

Finally did the trip today. Did a range charge last night and started off with 257 miles. The trip from South Tampa was 197 miles round trip. Got home with 66 miles to spare, and did the last 25 miles at 70-75 mph on the Interstate. All of that range anxiety for nothing!

Finally did the trip today. Did a range charge last night and started off with 257 miles. The trip from South Tampa was 197 miles round trip. Got home with 66 miles to spare, and did the last 25 miles at 70-75 mph on the Interstate. All of that range anxiety for nothing!

Hi Steve,

I gather that you were driving slower that 70-75 mph for most of the trip?

Larry

Hi Steve,

I gather that you were driving slower that 70-75 mph for most of the trip?

Larry

yes. I stayed at the speed limit, which averaged 60-65 mph, and tried to time the lights to avoid the need to completely stop. I think my average kWh usage was around 279. By far the lowest I've ever averaged.

Even at the slower speeds, the trip was fine, and probably only added ten minutes or so to each leg versus the old 5-10 mph over the speed limit routine. It was actually nice not needing to worry about law enforcement.