Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model S roof rack from Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks awesome...this is what I've been waiting for! I'm sick of resting my stand-up paddleboard on foam blocks directly on top of my pano roof, with the straps running over the windows and through the cabin of the car. I'll be first in line (online?!) to buy this :)

Also note that both Yakima and Thule also provide roof rack fits for the Model S.

Yakima for Panoramic roof fit points:
Control Tower (#8000214)
58" Crossbars ((#8000409)
Landing Pad 11 (#8000233)​
Thule for Panoramic roof fit points:
AeroBlade​
Thule Rapid Podium Foot Pack 460R
Thule AeroBlade load Bar Pair ARB53
Thule Fit Kit KIT3130​
Traditional (my preference)​
Thule Podium Foot Pack 460
Thule 58 Load Bar Pair LB58
Thule Fit Kit KIT3130
Pleas verify this information before you purchase these items. I much prefer the standard load bars to the 'aero' variety. I have no affiliation with Thule, or Yakima other than I own a Thule rack, and love it.

www.thule.com
www.yakima.com

Both have Tesla Model S in their fit guides. Thule has the 2014 Model X in their guide, but no fit!

• Helpful
Reactions: GreenAK85
$519 actually seems lower than I'd have expected from a premium car maker. You are paying for the engineering and materials to ensure your stuff stays on the car as well as the convenience of the ease of install/uninstall.
It's a pretty good price. Generic Whispbars are $450 - $480 through Yakima, and the custom-fitted ones are often more than that, so $519 is indeed pretty good.

I just got a set of these crossbars from Yakima last week. I got them directly them the company and they are awesome.

Here a pic from the Centralia Supercharger (will post a trip report for Portland - Whistler on Friday).

zema3a9y.jpg