Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Florida Brother Model S owners! Join us - @TeslaRoadTrip 2014 - Presidents Weekend!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All -

With the imminent completion of the East Coast SC Corridor, have any of you great guys (especially those I met at TESLIVE) considered attending @TeslaRoadTrip 2014 - "All Superchargers Lead to DC"?

I just got back from a whirlwind planning weekend with a bunch of great people and this should be a great event and give a bunch of us east coaster's a chance to get together and socialize (and have fun in our cars!)

Here is the thread.... Please consider attending!

Aaron

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/25635-TeslaRoadTrip-2014-quot-All-Superchargers-Lead-to-DC-quot-Feb-15-17-2014

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for the heads-up.

I have to admit I haven't read your referenced thread yet nor have I studied the detailed progress of the East Coast Supercharger build-out. So just a quick question, are you absolutely certain that the entire East Coast route will be complete by February 15th?

Thanks.

Larry

PS In February most people are coming down to Florida, not driving from Florida up north. :biggrin:

Larry,

Barring an act of God, the last two Superchargers needed to travel to DC on the East Coast build-out are days away from completion (Savannah, GA and Lumberton, NC). We are verifying and planning local charging resources to take into account that our local Northern Virgina Supercharger dot(which would be only 15-30 miles away from us) will not be up in time for the event and instead travelers will arrive from Superchargers approximately 100 miles away.

Peter

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for the heads-up.

I have to admit I haven't read your referenced thread yet nor have I studied the detailed progress of the East Coast Supercharger build-out. So just a quick question, are you absolutely certain that the entire East Coast route will be complete by February 15th?

Thanks.

Larry

PS In February most people are coming down to Florida, not driving from Florida up north. :biggrin:

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for the heads-up.

Thanks.

Larry

Larry

As Peter stated, you should easily be able to make the drive up using Superchargers - the last 2 being finished any day now.

We have PLENTY of public chargers within a few blocks of the hotel (7 in a garage across the street!) which will be prioritized for long-distance travelers....

Hope you're (and others) are able to come..... NIGEL?

Aaron

Aaron,

Late last night I sent out a mass mailing to our membership of over 280 households inviting them to attend your event and pointing them to your announcement page.

Don't worry you won't have a hoard of Floridians inundating your function. It's cold in DC in February, brrrr!! and there's a reason we live here. :biggrin:

Seriously, several have already expressed interest in making such a trip during Cherry Blossum season. I'll keep in touch as things develop. In the meantime I do think a few members will probably join you this February.

Larry

Aaron,

Late last night I sent out a mass mailing to our membership of over 280 households inviting them to attend your event and pointing them to your announcement page.

Don't worry you won't have a hoard of Floridians inundating your function. It's cold in DC in February, brrrr!! and there's a reason we live here. :biggrin:

Seriously, several have already expressed interest in making such a trip during Cherry Blossum season. I'll keep in touch as things develop. In the meantime I do think a few members will probably join you this February.

Larry

Larry

Thanks for letting your membership know - we really appreciate it!

We saw a rooftop open space during our planning weekend at one of the volunteer's office building that gets rented out for functions that has an INCREDIBLE view of the Capitol Building and the Mall. It was at that point (last weekend) that @TeslaRoadTrip 2015 - "Cherry Blossom Run" was actually coined and discussed!!!! So stay tuned!!

Aaron

- - - Updated - - -

The east coast corridor being open next week is a big deal, and a great accomplishment for Tesla. I wish Jacksonville was done so that 60kWh people could make it...
(without worrying)

Doesn't mean you can't attend!! Hitch a ride with one of your fellow 85 owners and share the driving - the more the merrier @TeslaRoadTrip 2014!!!

Aaron

Google maps shows 168 miles from Madeira Beach to Port Orange, so that's not a problem.
Ah, I totally forgot about Port Orange since that seems like I'd be going too many miles extra, but it only adds 26 miles vs 75 up to Jax. That wouldn't add that much time, and since my fuel is free, it would work, thanks!

Now, if someone could guarantee this FL native there won't be snow on the ground and the temps will be at least in the 60's...

Ah, I totally forgot about Port Orange since that seems like I'd be going too many miles extra, but it only adds 26 miles vs 75 up to Jax. That wouldn't add that much time, and since my fuel is free, it would work, thanks!

Now, if someone could guarantee this FL native there won't be snow on the ground and the temps will be at least in the 60's...

Snow, smoe - unlike HOT HUMID florida summers, at least you can stay warm by bundling up - and no sweating! If your family planned a big gathering in DC in the winter - wouldn't you go?

This is your Tesla family now! This is going to be an *Amazing* event. 68 responders so far to our sign up!

Imagine the possibility of 100 Model S's lined up!!!

Aaron

Weather Alert - Be Careful

Weather Alerts coming in thick and fast for Georgia, South Carolina and North Carolina

http://www.wunderground.com/news/winter-storm-pax-latest-news-20140210

Georgia

Gov. Nathan Deal has declared a state of emergency for 45 counties in central and northern Georgia in preparation for Winter Storm Pax. By Tuesday morning, snowy and icy roads in northern Georgia had already led to several car accidents, including one fatal wreck, according to an AJC.com report.

North Carolina

The National Weather Service has issued a winter storm warning for much of the state from Tuesday into Thursday.

South Carolina

Winter weather is moving into South Carolina. The National Weather Service has issued a winter storm warning for much of the state Tuesday into Thursday. Light snow is expected in the Upstate Tuesday. Heavier snow is expected Wednesday.

http://www.weather.com/news/weather-winter/winter-storm-pax-forecast-20140209

map_specnewsdct-13_ltst_4namus_enus_320x180.jpg

map_specnews25_ltst_4namus_enus_320x180.jpg

map_specnews31_ltst_4namus_enus_320x180.jpg

map_specnews24_ltst_4namus_enus_320x180.jpg

Stay safe and drive careful folks.

All -

Latest weather report for the weekend has the Arlington, VA weather as Partly Cloudy/Sun for Friday, Saturday & Sunday with temperatures at 44/34/33 respectively!

For those that drive up on Friday/Saturday - you (should) be good on I95 I hope! I'll be driving down from NY on Friday at 11am!

Aaron