Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Carbon Fiber Valve Caps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

pgiralt

Supporting Member
Jun 16, 2013
Cary, NC
I hadn't seen these mentioned anywhere here and just happened to run across them while ordering a new FobPocket from Pete's Abstract Ocean site. They now have these valve covers that are made of carbon fiber with a Tesla logo on them. I just got them this week and they are even nicer than I thought they'd be. Only downside is that after only a week someone has already stolen one of them :-( Either way, they are really nice and thought others might be interested:

Carbon Fiber Valve Caps - Abstract Ocean

I received my set of these carbon fiber valve stem caps last week, and I have to say they are gorgeous. I almost want to keep them on my desk, rather than go put them on my salty winter wheels...I may enjoy them upstairs in the office for a few months yet. They look even better in person than they do in the close-up pics on the website. The CF looks very sharp, and is a nice neutral grey...the website pics seem to indicate a greenish hue (at least on my monitor), but that is not the case.

Highly recommended for the typical TMC lunatic (such as myself) that obsesses over their Tesla, and buys pretty much any cool accessory featuring the Tesla logo. Clearly these are not a practical necessity like the superb FOB pockets, but they are certainly a nice touch!

Also, I ordered a couple of the Model S cleaning cloths. Those are pretty cool as well. One stays with me for glasses and phone, the other stays in the car for the center screen panel.

Last edited:
The first person that can snap me a good picture of them on the grey 21" wheels will get a free coupon for $10, I'd like a photo to add to the product page, and I still live in regret about not getting the 21" greys. At least until I bump a curb, then I'm not so sad.

IMG_9854.JPG
IMG_9855.JPG
IMG_9857.jpg
IMG_9859.JPG

Please ignore the curb rash.

Just wanted to comment on this, as it was a concern I had as well. Hopefully the following will provide some reassurance:

- My neighbor is the manager of the local Discount Tire; he ran the wheel on the balancer (an EM8340 if anyone cares) with the original plastic cap, and then with the CF cap and there was no additional balancing needed. Obviously, with the TPMS sensor already in there, there's a counter balance that takes care of that, he said that the additional 7g that these add was negligible. Obviously with any wheel tire, the dynamics change over time as the tire wears (and from tire to tire), so I think it's best practise to get your tires (re)balanced at least once during their life. FTR, my wheels are the 19" and the tires are about 35% worn.
- I've been driving with these since the end of November with no issues/vibrations etc.
- The height of these are 16mm (excluding logo application), which is the shortest type you can buy - there's many longer variants which I rejected, though mostly on the aesthetics.
- My supplier manufacturers, literally, millions of these for both OEM and after-market - they know what they're doing.

Obviously, if anyone is having second thoughts, just send them back and I'll be happy to refund you.

- - - Updated - - -

I do wish the thread bore went much deeper...would reduce the weight and not make them stick out so far.

I tend to agree, but they all seem to be like this. The length of the cap is 16mm, and the bore is 10mm. The useable thread is a little over 8mm, which means it adds 8mm (0.31 inches) to the length of the valve stem.

for anyone having issues getting them all the way on - sometime the carbon fiber 'ring' can slip/rotate a little if you encounter resistance when tightening onto the stem. If this is the case (and of course assuming you're not cross-threading it), just grip the cap at the end (the chrome bit) to help grip it a little better.

- - - Updated - - -

Please ignore the curb rash.

Thanks! Any chance you could take a couple more, but with the protective film removed from the cap (over the logo)?