Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ideas for improvements after driving my model S for 2500 miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had my model S for two months/2500 miles and I would like to see the following improvements made (in no particular order):

1) Sensitivity setting for scroll wheel buttons on sterling wheel. I have a hard time getting it to stop on the item I want.

2) Select driver profile from app. After my wife drives the car I have to reach in to the car to select my profile before I can get in. I would like to do this from the app.

3) Destination address from app to car. I decide where I'm going to drive before I get in my car, usually using my phone. I would like to put the destination address in the app and send it to the car.

4) Chime sounds when driver door is opened while charge port is open without charger connected. I'm constantly forgetting to close the charge port. If there was a chime to remind me to close the charge port before I get in the car I might actually be able to remember to close it. Kind of the opposite of the "you left your lights on" or "your keys are still in the ignition" chime.

5) Pin code to lock/unlock glove box

6) More than three home link presets

7) Push notification to app when car reaches desired charge level, temperature or is "ready to drive". I was at supercharger and had to keep checking app to see when car was fully charged. The car should tell me when it's ready to go.

8) Double Click (or triple click) right scroll wheel button to end call.

I've had my model S for two months/2500 miles and I would like to see the following improvements made (in no particular order):

2) Select driver profile from app. After my wife drives the car I have to reach in to the car to select my profile before I can get in. I would like to do this from the app.

4) Chime sounds when driver door is opened while charge port is open without charger connected. I'm constantly forgetting to close the charge port. If there was a chime to remind me to close the charge port before I get in the car I might actually be able to remember to close it. Kind of the opposite of the "you left your lights on" or "your keys are still in the ignition" chime.

8) Double Click (or triple click) right scroll wheel button to end call.

I agree with you on most of that. With regards to:

2, you could set an entry/exit profile that both of you switch to when exiting the car to make it easier. Though that would still require you (and wife) to remember to switch to it. What they could do is make the wheel go all the way in and up when you place it in park. (Several people have mentioned this as a convenience feature)

4, for the first couple days I occasionally forgot to close the charge port, but it becomes a habit to close it fairly quickly. Still, not a bad idea.

8, you can press the right top steering wheel button in calls to bring up a list, and then press the right scroll wheel button to end calls, it's the first option.