Thread: Ideas for improvements after driving my model S for 2500 miles

Ideas for improvements after driving my model S for 2500 miles

I've had my model S for two months/2500 miles and I would like to see the following improvements made (in no particular order):

1) Sensitivity setting for scroll wheel buttons on sterling wheel. I have a hard time getting it to stop on the item I want.

2) Select driver profile from app. After my wife drives the car I have to reach in to the car to select my profile before I can get in. I would like to do this from the app.

3) Destination address from app to car. I decide where I'm going to drive before I get in my car, usually using my phone. I would like to put the destination address in the app and send it to the car.

4) Chime sounds when driver door is opened while charge port is open without charger connected. I'm constantly forgetting to close the charge port. If there was a chime to remind me to close the charge port before I get in the car I might actually be able to remember to close it. Kind of the opposite of the "you left your lights on" or "your keys are still in the ignition" chime.

5) Pin code to lock/unlock glove box

6) More than three home link presets

7) Push notification to app when car reaches desired charge level, temperature or is "ready to drive". I was at supercharger and had to keep checking app to see when car was fully charged. The car should tell me when it's ready to go.

8) Double Click (or triple click) right scroll wheel button to end call.

Model S - P3078
    Quote Originally Posted by Sellnout View Post
    I've had my model S for two months/2500 miles and I would like to see the following improvements made (in no particular order):

2) Select driver profile from app. After my wife drives the car I have to reach in to the car to select my profile before I can get in. I would like to do this from the app.

4) Chime sounds when driver door is opened while charge port is open without charger connected. I'm constantly forgetting to close the charge port. If there was a chime to remind me to close the charge port before I get in the car I might actually be able to remember to close it. Kind of the opposite of the "you left your lights on" or "your keys are still in the ignition" chime.

8) Double Click (or triple click) right scroll wheel button to end call.
    I agree with you on most of that. With regards to:

2, you could set an entry/exit profile that both of you switch to when exiting the car to make it easier. Though that would still require you (and wife) to remember to switch to it. What they could do is make the wheel go all the way in and up when you place it in park. (Several people have mentioned this as a convenience feature)

4, for the first couple days I occasionally forgot to close the charge port, but it becomes a habit to close it fairly quickly. Still, not a bad idea.

8, you can press the right top steering wheel button in calls to bring up a list, and then press the right scroll wheel button to end calls, it's the first option.

P03755 - 60 kWh, Green, Pano Roof, 21" Wheels, Tan Leather/Piano Black, Tech, Sound, Active Air, Twin Chargers, Paint Armor

I wish driver profiles could be uploaded and downloaded from your account. My loaners never feel right.
    P85 | Pearl White| Tan leather | Pano | Tech | Parking Sensors | Obeche Matte

Agree on #8. Ending a calling while driving needs to be an easy double click rather than a menu option. Less dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by austinEV View Post
    I wish driver profiles could be uploaded and downloaded from your account. My loaners never feel right.
    That's good one. I know of no other car that has it, but would really be cool.

Making it across platforms would be great, but a challenge to implement (convert my MS settings to the MX).
    complete Tesla family: Roadster EU VIN 968 delivered July 31, 2012
    MSP EU SP VIN 18968 Oct 11, 2013 - sold,
    MSP EU SP VIN 29134 delivered March 21, 2014
    MX EU X P#85

Quote Originally Posted by Sellnout View Post

5) Pin code to lock/unlock glove box
    First, they need to put a lock on the glove box. Don't believe there is one at this point.
    ____________________________________________________________________________
    85P / Green / Tan Interior / Pano / Sensors / Sub Zero / 19" / Tech / Lighting /Dual & HPWC
    Delivered Sept 2013 / VIN 21588

The glove box is locked while the car is locked. If someone breaks your window to get in, they can't open the glove box (unless they break that too).
    Sig Red # 708

Thread Information