Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S with Distronic Plus (Adaptaive Cruise Control) like Mercedes.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I own a 4 years old Mercedes E 300 D with Distronic plus ( Adaptive cruise control). Since I drive a car with the adaptive cruise control, this option has become a must in any premium car for me. I will buy a Tesla Model S in a future because I love electric cars and I love Tesla but I think Tesla must offer the Adaptive Cruise Control Control at least as an option. I am pretty sure that in a close future we will be a Model S and a Model X with the Adaptive Cruise Control.

Its coming! Baby steps... :)

Tesla-Model-S-hidden-menu.jpg

I'd like ACC as well. Goes hand-in-hand with an EV when you're trying to drive efficiently (well, technically driving any vehicle efficiently but nobody seems to care when driving an ICE.) Unfortunately I doubt an upgrade option will be available, and if one is it will be way too expensive. Hopefully the model X launches with it.

Tesla Model S with Adaptive Cruise Control (like Mercedes Distronic Plus)

Adaptive Cruise Control (like Mercedes Distronic Plus) is a requirement before I will buy a Tesla Model S. If you are used to it, you will never buy a car without it!

Does anybody have more info on when it will be available?

Best Regards, Christian

Adaptive Cruise Control (like Mercedes Distronic Plus) is a requirement before I will buy a Tesla Model S. If you are used to it, you will never buy a car without it!

Does anybody have more info on when it will be available?

Best Regards, Christian

Guess it depends on where you live. I found the ACC on the Infiniti to be pretty useless. Even at the closest setting, the distance from the car in front of you was so far that it basically invited everyone to pull in front of you, which would then cause the car to back off from that person--and the cycle would continue.

On long road trips, it came in handy. Day to day driving.. never used it. I honestly don't miss it.