Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Electrician Recommendation in Brussels, Belgium

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Folks

I'm looking for an electrician who can firstly check my power situation at home and then do the necessary installation for charging.

I don't want any fancy high power setup, just a well installed normal socket that's not going to cause the house to burn down.

I'm also probably going to keep my Model S outside at our garage is used for too many other things (storage, cycles, winter wheels, general junk, cats favourite playroom...)

I'm not in a hurry - my car isn't due until mid April, but I don't want to leave everything to the last minutes either.

Cheers, Dave

I'm looking for an electrician who can firstly check my power situation at home and then do the necessary installation for charging.

I don't want any fancy high power setup, just a well installed normal socket that's not going to cause the house to burn down.

Try the CarPlug from Electrabel. Not very expensive, and an excellent service from them! PM me if you want coordinates of a contact person over there.

Hi leysfi

I had thought about Electrabel - I was at the Tesla First Tuesday meeting where there was a little talk about it - but I came to the conclusion that it was too much for my needs.

However, having now read their web page I think maybe it's just what I need.

So thanks for poitning me in the right direction :smile:

Dave

I have just moved to a new house and need a good electrician in Brussels who could help with installing a charging station in a "neuterprobleem" environment (40A 3 phase connection of the house with 230V between each 2 phases). I have a 1 phase 32A EVSE from the old house, which worked with the "neuterproblem".

Any good experiences with an electrician in Brussels?

I have just moved to a new house and need a good electrician in Brussels who could help with installing a charging station in a "neuterprobleem" environment (40A 3 phase connection of the house with 230V between each 2 phases). I have a 1 phase 32A EVSE from the old house, which worked with the "neuterproblem".

Any good experiences with an electrician in Brussels?

Maybe you can choose for the Tesla Wallcharger, it handles the neuterprobleem.
No special install tricks needed.

Without neuter every three phase charging station, such as the fivari charger, can be connected in a way that it allows two phase charging. The charging current is limited to the max three phase current. For MX with ranked charger that means 17A, for MS with dual charger that means 32A and for MS without dual charger it will be 16A. In the latter case, single phase charging at 32A provides the same power. For both other cases two phase charging provides higher power.

Last edited: