Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cars & Coffee - Scottsdale, AZ - February 1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks to Rolf Lohr at Home Tesla Owners | tesla owners. us | Rolf Lohr for putting out the information about the next Cars & Coffee event in Scottsdale from 7-10am on Saturday, Feb. 1. The event will be at the Shops at Gainey Village - 8787 N Scottsdale Rd, 85258. Hope you'll join us! Bring your cars, bring your stories, bring your questions . . . heck, even bring your mother-in-law! (Stan brought his in-laws from Germany to the Quartzsite Run and they were awesome.)

details and sign-up:
Cars and Coffee | tesla owners. us | Rolf Lohr

So the event appears - more or less - to be at Rolf's hair stylist's establishment. Does that mean we can forgo the coffee and opt to have Borealis have his hair done?

This I'd love to see......

With 200-300 cars and lot's of spectators i would advise being at the gainey ranch shops by 7:30 if you wanna get a spot. the entire lot is filled by 8 usually.

- - - Updated - - -

it's a general exotic/super car type monthly event.
first saturday of every month. i've seen a few teslas in attendance each of the past few months.

Mark, Thank you for posting our event at TMC. The event is an exotic car event. And the month February Tesla's are the exotic ones. 1600 roadsters only build in US and about 30k Model S so far. I think that is quite exotic and at least enough to get front row parking spots for the event. Looking forward for AZ Tesla Owners to come, especially when now 4 Superchargers are open in AZ.

- - - Updated - - -

There are 4 blink charger J1772 in the parking lot. While you are there for 4 hours you could get 24 kW = 96 miles. And if this is not enough you could stop at the Scottsdale Fashion Mall and charge at the 80 A Tesla Store charger for a while as well.

Assume there are no easy charging facilities nearby? Of course, if Buckeye opens then no problemo. I'm coming from Tucson.

This is only a couple miles north of the Tesla store at Scottsdale Fashion Square... Buckeye is a good 45 min+ away -- so you'd be able to add ~100 miles range at Fashion Square in the same time it would take to drive to Buckeye, supercharge for 30 min and start heading back...

Well, I saw a Bugatti Veyron at the Lincoln Sinclair last time we were in town. Spun around to the pump's other side and, as its driver not only didn't roll down his window, he kept looking only straight ahead, I talked to the attendant, instead: "I may be quieter than he, but he sure is faster!" Answer: A LOT faster.

My wife figured the young driver must be a sports figure. I'd think once he got in that car the very first time, he stopped looking at other vehicles and drivers around him in, oh, about the time it takes his ride to go from 0 to 60. Must be one of the big downsides of driving that rig. $2.5mm is more than I make in a week.

His license plate holder, by the way, read something like: Lamborghinis for lunch / Ferraris for dinner.

This is only a couple miles north of the Tesla store at Scottsdale Fashion Square... Buckeye is a good 45 min+ away -- so you'd be able to add ~100 miles range at Fashion Square in the same time it would take to drive to Buckeye, supercharge for 30 min and start heading back...
Assuming, of course, that you had dual chargers, which I don't. And I've been given a short leash to attend, so time is critical. So if Buckeye somehow get's open, then I'm there, with Razz, the wonder dog!:wink:

Assuming, of course, that you had dual chargers, which I don't. And I've been given a short leash to attend, so time is critical. So if Buckeye somehow get's open, then I'm there, with Razz, the wonder dog!:wink:

My bad... I figured most of you early production guys had dual chargers ;-) I also only have a single charger...

FWIW, we did a weekend in Tucson in November. We used 160 rated miles (over 146 actual miles) between our house and La Paloma -- driving 5-10 over on I-10. Our house is in far north Scottsdale, so this Cars and Coffee location is 23 miles closer to La Paloma -- so would likely require ~280 rated miles round trip. If you plug in at the event, you should get ~45 miles added over ~3 hours (assuming crappy Blink speeds...) -- which would be enough to allow the round trip even if Buckeye isn't open yet...