Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Guilderland, NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This one is key for me. I hope it is completed soon. I am optimistic that SC's in the Coming Soon tab are actually all in some stage of work meaning site has been selected and contracted and just awaiting permitting and construction. I am extremely hopeful that these SC's will be completed over the next month or two! Just my opinion. If this were not the case then I believe they would have been placed in the 2014 tab.

Is it the Best Westen on Wolf road?

BEST WESTERN Albany Airport Inn
200 Wolf Rd, Albany, NY 12205
BEST WESTERN Albany Airport Inn, 200 Wolf Rd, Albany, NY 12205 - Google Maps

Sorry Guys. Here is more info. Ron Donated 2 Sun Country Highway Chargers. HE is a NEuro Radiologist in Buffalo. He also has one going in - in Hamilton NY. These are 90 amp chargers which should charge between 50-60 Miles/hour

Here is a Map:

https://suncountryhighway.ca/ev-trip-planner/#.Us1gxfRDvAQ

Mansoor Mustafa
General Manager
Best Western Sovereign Hotel
1228 Western Avenue
Albany, NY 12203
Hotel Phone: 518-489-2981

6555 Old Collamer Rd. S.
East Syracuse, NY 13057
+1 315-437-2761

These are available for anyone to use. Full Discussion Here:

http://www.teslamotors.com/forum/forums/nys-charging-sites

Last edited:
I just want it easy on easy off from the NY Thruway heading towards NYC/NJ. My Plan is charge once for 20 mins getting 100 Miles at Syracuse and then charge 20-30 mins in Albany on my way down to central NJ from Rochester.
Crossgates would work okay for me -- it picks up both I-90 and I-87. While it's a little off the most-direct route from the east up I-87 N, it's not a big detour.

Even if the Albany-area SC were on the Turnpike south of Albany, it's not a big deal provided it's north of the Berkshire extension. It's not a major detour off I-90 to continue on to the turnpike and rejoin I-90 west of the city.

Crossgates would work okay for me -- it picks up both I-90 and I-87. While it's a little off the most-direct route from the east up I-87 N, it's not a big detour.

Even if the Albany-area SC were on the Turnpike south of Albany, it's not a big deal provided it's north of the Berkshire extension. It's not a major detour off I-90 to continue on to the turnpike and rejoin I-90 west of the city.

How about the Colonie Center just off I-87 and near I-90. I believe they are going to get a Whole Foods center there soon. Plus it is a little closer to the Taconic Parkway which would be a glorious parkway to drive in a Tesla.

This Dot is Albany Right? So Coming Soon whatever that means.
tesla_dashboard.JPG

How about the Colonie Center just off I-87 and near I-90. I believe they are going to get a Whole Foods center there soon. Plus it is a little closer to the Taconic Parkway which would be a glorious parkway to drive in a Tesla.

I can't comment on Colonie Center, but I will tell you that the Taconic is a great road to cruise in the S. I drive from Westchester to the top of the Taconic often and it is wonderful.

That at being said have any Albany locals been able to find any indications of Superchargers?

I can't comment on Colonie Center, but I will tell you that the Taconic is a great road to cruise in the S. I drive from Westchester to the top of the Taconic often and it is wonderful.

I'm envious. I travel the Taconic several times a year to go from southern vermont to visit family in Cold Spring, New York. I can not wait until I can do it in the Model X I reserved. Eating lunch at a healthy food establishment like Whole Foods while my car topped off for the second leg would be perfect.

That at being said have any Albany locals been able to find any indications of Superchargers?

Someone met a Tesla representative responsible for supercharger rollout in the northeast at the Merritt Parkway northbound supercharger. They said that the Albany supercharger will be at Colonie Center, that equipment has already been staged to start construction, and they are waiting on lease papers being signed.