Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Buffalo, NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm traveling to Albany from Minneapolis in late May for 8 days and then returning. I am trying to fill the gap between Macedonia, OH and Albany. It looks like a stop in Buffalo and Syracuse (or possibly Rochester) would make it work. Any of your local wisdom would be great. I have an supercharger enabled 85kw Model S on the way. I do not have the 2nd onboard charger option (not sure if that matters to get the 60 miles/per you mention). I'm thinking that I might overnight in Buffalo. I take delivery of my vehicle March 29th!

I plan to do the trip again in late August. Thanks!

This holds my interest as well having a daughter in Pittsburgh and one in the Rochester area. I have noted the White Inn in Fredonia shows a charger on plugshare which would work for an overnight. It seems less than ideal to stay over night for a 300 mile trip. dratifk, where abouts in Rochester? I'm originally from the Walworth area.

This holds my interest as well having a daughter in Pittsburgh and one in the Rochester area. I have noted the White Inn in Fredonia shows a charger on plugshare which would work for an overnight. It seems less than ideal to stay over night for a 300 mile trip. dratifk, where abouts in Rochester? I'm originally from the Walworth area.

Pittsford, NY

Any updates? Planning a trip from Akron, OH to Toronto in late May-early June. Do we know if this will be operational?
Based on the rollout timing of other SpC sites I would make other plans. The White Inn in Fredonia shows charging capability on plug share if you could do a stayover. Also Evangola State park has 14-50 plugs again according to plugshare.

A little warning on the Evangola State Park. I plugged into the 50amp receptacle and it tripped the breaker after an hour on campsite 1 and 2. I found a friend of a friend that had a charger at his house that I used. If you use it, watch it and plan to reset the breaker every hour or so.

A little warning on the Evangola State Park. I plugged into the 50amp receptacle and it tripped the breaker after an hour on campsite 1 and 2. I found a friend of a friend that had a charger at his house that I used. If you use it, watch it and plan to reset the breaker every hour or so.

At some RV parks I've seen that I've had to reduce the Amps. 30 Amps was the safest at the RV parks I've visited. I haven't been to the one you mentioned but I imagine the same thing would work.

Well Buffalo is on the 2014 timeframe on the SC web page. I am realizing this is another "Tesla Time" definition. We can probably expect to see some action around March of next year. I really could use a Supercharger in the Buffalo/ Erie area but I think the chances are about the same as seeing a CHAdeMO adpater in my lifetime ( yea this is written with heavy sarcasm born out of frustration )

What about near the new Solarcity Gigafactory

I, too, am desperate for Supercharger in Buffalo. I love my Model S, but really need a Buffalo Supercharger to get to the East/West Supercharger network...

Is is possible they would put it here, not far from the 190? Not really anything nearby though, which probably doesn't fit the mold of the others. But I suspect with that area getting so many workers, they would be adding some infrastructure and places to eat.

Governor Cuomo Announces New SolarCity GigaFactory Complex at RiverBend | Governor Andrew M. Cuomo

Map: 1339 S Park Ave, Buffalo, NY 14220 - Google Maps

I'm originally from the Buffalo area. My mom lives in Blasdell.