Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PCC Edmonds Now Offers Free L2 Charging!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is a heads up for North Seattle/Shoreline/Edmonds EV owners and anyone passing through, the PCC Edmonds WA Chargepoint is now free! turns out the fee was lifted back in 2012, after use had dropped off. I've been in contact with PCC about expanding charging stations and they tell me that due to an utter lack of use of this pilot project charger, they are not compelled to expand EV charging at other stores. I told them that fee based public charging for L2 had proven a failure and that they should drop the $2 hr fee. I was surprised to hear that happened a while back, with no communication to patrons. So, folks, if you shop at PCC or want to show patronage to businesses that support charging infrastructure, lets get that stall filled with EV's as much as possible so they consider adding more at other stores! I know it's not a fast charger, but showing more use will help convince them to make the investment for more and hopefully higher amperage.

George, I tried to use that charger last August but it wasn't working. Since then, I've come to the realization that L2 charging for 45 minutes is a waste of my time, free or otherwise. I am glad they are doing it but, frankly, it just doesn't move the meter.