Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to only display English posts?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Xenophobia? :)

- - - Updated - - -

Reread your post - double negative means you are getting what you want ... somewhere, in the past day or two a mod posted a link to search for only North America.
I wanted that feature too, because I am a Xenophobe. And an alien. And confused. :)

Nij, maar if je can niet praat Nederlandse, you can have a tough time wading through all the janken going on in that language (See? It's niet zo hard after all!):biggrin:

Xenophobia? :)

- - - Updated - - -

Reread your post - double negative means you are getting what you want ... somewhere, in the past day or two a mod posted a link to search for only North America.
I wanted that feature too, because I am a Xenophobe. And an alien. And confused. :)

OOops.... typo! the word "not" should have been "now"
Thanks Sp4rk

Mod, can you correct it?

This is mainly caused because there is:
a) a big fan base in The Netherlands and
b) the Dutch don't have a country specific website/forum like the Norwegians or Germans have.
And of course:
c) this forum rocks! :)
+1

But I understand the request from the TS.

We've been talking about this on the mods forum. There seems to be a way where you can filter out specific forums. Don't know if it can be done by vBulletin or if a plugin has to be installed.

Actually I would like an in-built translation function rather than a feature to filter out Non-English language posts.
Iv'e learnt a lot from the non-English parts of the forum, particularly in relation to 3 phase power and charging, as that will be more relevant to Australia.
Currently I dump the page link into a translation engine.

Actually I would like an in-built translation function rather than a feature to filter out Non-English language posts.
Iv'e learnt a lot from the non-English parts of the forum, particularly in relation to 3 phase power and charging, as that will be more relevant to Australia.
We probably could do it both. Filtering out is always a option for users, not mandatory.

Btw, always feel free to jump in with a question in a non-English thread!

+1; I love reading posts in other languages. Sometimes the machine translation makes the posts even more entertaining.

I agree that the more people we can get on these forums the better, regardless of the language used. The more information posted here the more informed us drivers and Tesla will be about their products and services.

But being able to filter and to auto translate will help a lot of people.

Is this the correct forum to make these requests?

+1

But I understand the request from the TS.

We've been talking about this on the mods forum. There seems to be a way where you can filter out specific forums. Don't know if it can be done by vBulletin or if a plugin has to be installed.

There is a plugin... I've requested it too. It allows you to ignore certain threads or forums so they don't show up in your searches.

Ohhhh Douglass!

I'd love this feature.

Until we get this (which would be awesome, but would also drastically increase my reading time...maybe in a good way) I usually just tend to mark the entire "Belgium and the Netherlands" sub-forum as read.

By clicking here

belguim.PNG

Then here

belguim2.PNG

There is a plug-in I could use, but every plug-in has to be thoroughly tested for security and compatibility with existing plugins, etc etc. Without software changes I can filter specific forums out of "What's New?" for everyone.

So right now as an experiment, the What's New button is not displaying new threads from the Belgium and the Netherlands forum. To see new threads from all forums click on "New Posts" instead of "What's New?". You'll find "New Posts" on the red sub-menu. You'll also find it at the bottom on the page.

This is just an experiment. To be fare maybe I'll eventually exclude all local forums from "What's New?" and those interested in those forums should add them to the Subscribed Forums feature.

Tesla Motors Club is an international community. Though English is the lingua franca of this website, using the local language is acceptable in those regional forums. We recently added a specific sub forum for the French, and have had requests for others. So a solution to this issue is more pressing.

So let me know how this works out. Hopefully the Dutch/Flemish speakers aren't too annoyed with the test.

Thanks doug for the explanation.

I have been using the "What's new" link , and was wondering why there were no dutch forum postings displayed anymore.
This explains it.

Good that there is an alternative, as i'd like to see both the Dutch and English posts.

In the meantime I think there are a couple of workarounds:
- Mark Belgium & The Netherlands forums read
- Add a "Dutch For Anglophone Teslaphiles" subforum where the lowlanders can help make their posts more comprehensible to those of us who can translate a bit using a combination of English and schoolboy German.

(Lived on an RAF base on the Dutch-German border for several years. The Germans tended to dub TV rather than subtitle and as a result we watched a lot of English-language programming on Dutch TV, plus a bunch of Dutch programming where we didn't have to understand them. Heel mooi!)