Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NJ 2014 S60 Delivery Confirmed - Jan 17th!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went into production on 1/3 and is still going:
teslaproduction.JPG

Gahhhhh... Can't wait! :cursing:

Oh wow, I would love to meet the other Bloomingdale people!

S60, Supercharger, Black, Pano, Piano, Grey Napa Leather, Tech, Sound, Fog, Subzero, 19" Wheels!
Sounds beautiful! I think I would get the gray interior if I did this again...I was torn and chickened out and stuck with black like I always do... but that gray on a black or blue will look amazing.

It is so hard to wait, but after a year of ownership the time goes by much faster. Have you done all the prep steps? Gotten your 14-50 installed, signed up for ChargePoint, researched charging spots on PlugShare and selling your ICE :)

It is so hard to wait, but after a year of ownership the time goes by much faster. Have you done all the prep steps? Gotten your 14-50 installed, signed up for ChargePoint, researched charging spots on PlugShare and selling your ICE :)

Yup, the 14-50 has been in for weeks, not sure how much chargepoint will be useful to me though. With my commute I really shouldn't need them. And the family put in a 14-50 down in South Jersey for me. It's just the road trips that I need to worry about. But always have the wife's 335xi if we need it :)

I got $3k over kbb for my 2006 Saab 9-2x (Saabaru)... Buying rare cars is smart ;) So thats all done. I have a beater truck I got for $2k in the mean time, and for those trips to home depot and bad weather.

- - - Updated - - -

I think this makes 3 in Bloomingdale, congrats!

Did you get your car wrapped or coated? Where do you wash? Any other local places of usefulness?

After you get the S, you won't want to take the 335xi on trips. I would go ahead and get a chargepoint card, download the plug share.com app, and the RVParking.com app. You can also go to their websites and start your trip planning now. :smile:

Don't forget Tesla's app and maybe Visible Tesla for your computer as well.

GSP

Went into production on 1/3 and is still going:
View attachment 39877
Gahhhhh... Can't wait! :cursing:

Congrats, I've noticed that "in production" only less for about three days before you see "production complete" then it's just a matter of delivery! I've had mine for two weeks and three days, today I took it to have the windows tinted. My wife followed me to give me a ride back. I drove my old car (2011 BMW 535i) which my wife now has, back from the detail shop. It felt a little strange, I've already gotten uses to the way my MS drives. So when I took my foot off on the gas paddle, the BMW didn't slow down on it's own, which seemed a little odd.:confused: I hope enjoy the ride like I do. I'm sure you will.

Did you get your car wrapped or coated? Where do you wash? Any other local places of usefulness?

I did not have mine wrapped, although in hindsight, I would consider it. Several NJ owners have recommended Lee Berbs for wraps. I do all the washing myself in my garage with a product called optimum no rinse (amazon). It works great! Not much local I can think of that's applicable to the car!

I did not have mine wrapped, although in hindsight, I would consider it. Several NJ owners have recommended Lee Berbs for wraps. I do all the washing myself in my garage with a product called optimum no rinse (amazon). It works great! Not much local I can think of that's applicable to the car!

Ah yeah I have read Lee Berbs is the place to go as well. I may do it and get tinting too. I'm nervous about not having a garage and want to make sure the car is protected, but I'm looking at putting a carport in. At least I have the car cover. I'll check out that optimum product. Can't Wait!

Deliveries in January are actually of good quality. After the mad scramble in December to make the delivery targets for the quarter and the year, the workers get a break in the first week of the new year and are probably reenergized.

My car, built exactly a year ago, has been virtually trouble-free and didn't have any of the niggles that some Dec 2012 deliveries had.

Enjoy your new cars when they arrive! The wait's worth it.

Deliveries in January are actually of good quality. After the mad scramble in December to make the delivery targets for the quarter and the year, the workers get a break in the first week of the new year and are probably reenergized.

My car, built exactly a year ago, has been virtually trouble-free and didn't have any of the niggles that some Dec 2012 deliveries had.

Enjoy your new cars when they arrive! The wait's worth it.

Great way to look at it :)