Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best tire dressing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know this has been talked about before and know there are many products out there. Would like some input on the easiest, best looking, longest lasting tire dressing. Something that does not throw off onto the rims. I have used spray foam, spray bottle and currently using Blackfire and find that it works pretty well but is a pain to apply and expensive.

I know this has been talked about before and know there are many products out there. Would like some input on the easiest, best looking, longest lasting tire dressing. Something that does not throw off onto the rims. I have used spray foam, spray bottle and currently using Blackfire and find that it works pretty well but is a pain to apply and expensive.

303 Aerospace is our conditioner of choice. We use it on all plastics, rubber, and black trim as well. Has a nice clean and satin look, if you want more gloss, just do a second coat. Will not sling off either. Lasts a few weeks. You don't want stuff that stays on the tires for longer than that.

Things I've tried:

Carpro PERL
Sonax Tire Gloss Gel
Pinnacle Black Onyx Gel
Pinnacle Black Onyx spray
Griot's Garage Vinyl & Rubber Dressing
Griot's Garage High Gloss Dressing
Blackfire gel

The ones that I've liked the most are Pinnacle and Sonax tire gels. They offer a nice glossy shine that lasts for a few weeks. But then again, I like high gloss on my tires. I'm beginning to like the satin look, and PERL seems to achieve that.

The Griot's products didn't last long at all IMHO.

After using the Pinnacle Onyx spray, I got a lot of sling (probably didn't use it correctly), and it didn't last long either.

Haven't tried the 303, but I've tried some of their other products and like them a lot.

I use 3M Tire Restorer. It's designed to give that natural look , not a greasy shine. It's also designed to "protect" the tire, not damage and crack it. Has high reviews.

iIZd6BC.jpg

FH5efOP.jpg

BDdNqOo.jpg

8QuLNeh.jpg

Our Super VRT meets all of your criteria!

It's water-based so it doesn't sling or run. It stays where you put it.
It's water-resistant, so it gives great longevity and will hold up through a handful of washes or rainy/wet driving conditions.
It dries to a satin/matte finish depending on how your tire compound responds to it. Not shiny or greasy.
It's a thick, lotion-like consistency so a little bit goes a long way and you don't have to worry about.

As a little bonus, I'll send a free bottle to the next three people who'd like to try it and respond to this thread. :)

It's water-resistant, so it gives great longevity and will hold up through a handful of washes or rainy/wet driving conditions.
It dries to a satin/matte finish depending on how your tire compound responds to it. Not shiny or greasy.
It's a thick, lotion-like consistency so a little bit goes a long way and you don't have to worry about.

As a little bonus, I'll send a free bottle to the next three people who'd like to try it and respond to this thread. :)
I will take you up on that offer. Info sent via PM.

As a little bonus, I'll send a free bottle to the next three people who'd like to try it and respond to this thread.

I'm in!

PM sent too!

PS: I have been using "Beyond Black" and while it looks great for a day or three it doesn't seem to have the greatest durability.

Last edited:

I'll give it a try (been using Griot's)