Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster battery swap? #112

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello out there tmc
i was reaching out to see if there is anything i should be aware of when having my battery swap done by tesla. I know there is few people who have had it done and figured there could be a few things i should be aware of.
I really was speechless since they are covering it after my warranty expired december 2012.
It happened right after a service so i don't know if my logs showed that something occurred, i was only told my avs? Was no functioning properly causing my car to lose power at a high rate and much faster than usual, but i am very grateful regardless since everything is getting taken care of.

If there is any input it is greatly appreciated.
Joey

I brought in the car to fix a seal and my passenger airbag cover. Also had the car and cords checked prior to winter storage. Car was fine prior to my drop off and passed all the test they performed to check it out. I picked it up and drove it home and parked it in my car warehouse with the 110 plugged in. Upon arrival my stereo started flickering and wouldn't turn off. Called the service center left a message but never heard back so I removed the face hoping Karl would call me and instruct me what I should do next. It took a few days but I went to check on it and it was just dead. So tesla picked it up and after a week of checking logs they decided it was something they would cover at there cost.
Thankfully !!!

Last edited:
Hi... since you have noted the #112 in your post: Is that your vin of the roadster??? Cause I just bought Nr 112 here in Germany from a first owner (Company) ??!! ;)

Be aware that there is a separate VIN sequence for European Roadsters as compared to North American Roadsters.
There are probably two #0112 Roadsters if you just look at the last 4 digits...

( His probably starts 5YJRE..., and yours SFZRE... )

Yup. I've encountered by European #0690 twin on these forums.

Congrats on the new Roadster, DanielFriederich! There are plenty of people to help here in the Roadster forums if you have any questions.