Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Homelink opening garage door when you don't want them to

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had something weird happen and wondering if it was my Model S.
My wife let her sister out through the garage. When the sister left my wife closed the the garage door and then locked the door to the house.
Well I was just checking the house out before going to bed and decided to check the garage. To my shock, not only was the double car garage door open but also the single car garage where I park the Tesla. I took the Model S out for a drive just a little earlier and I know I closed the door when I came back.

Inquired to my wife why she left the garage doors open and she said she didn't. She said she pushed the button and watched the garage door come down.
For a moment I thought maybe she pushed the wrong button and opened the other garage door and didn't notice but she was as shocked as I was that the doors were open.

The only thought that came to mind was did the Homelink somehow open the doors since both of them are programmed into the car?
Has anyone ever noticed any mystery garage door openings/closings?
If I catch my kid in front of the TV with static on it, I'm moving the hell out!!!:scared:

I watch till it closes and then wait just a bit to make sure it stays closed. However, I think that the couple of times I've found it open was because I didn't shut it in the first place or because the door encountered something that made it go back up. Mostly the problem is that it's particular about where the car is when opening. Closing doesn't seem to be much of an issue.

Get a MICASVERDE Home automation unit. It cost $279 and you can add garage door sensors and Relays to control using your iPhone/Android. I also control my pool pump. Landcscape lighting, Thermostats, Sprinkler system, and many other things. I slowly add stuff every year. I have a alert setup to inform me if any garage door is open after midnight. My neighbor who spent 25K on crestron doesn't have the control I have. And I doubt Ive spent more thank 2K total. For more info go to the Micasverde forums.

I open my garage door using my iPhone usually when I enter my neighborhood.