Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

@TeslaRoadTrip 2014 (Feb 15-17, 2014) - Dinner Event Signup & Details Available!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
*NEW* Event Reception & Dinner Prepayment/Signup Details are now available:

http://teslaroadtrip.org/dinner

*NEW* Event Charging Information:

http://teslaroadtrip.org/charging

@TeslaRoadTrip 2014 – “All Superchargers Lead to DC”

On President’s Day weekend, February, 15-17, 2014 we would like you to join us in commemorating the 1 year anniversary of the original @TeslaRoadTrip with a memorable and fun weekend in Washington, DC. Model S owners from Maine, Florida, Chicago and Tennessee have already committed to participate in this great event, all enabled by the, almost completed, eastern corridor and coast to coast Supercharger network.

This is a grass roots event, organized by many members of the TMC community.

We met this past weekend to outline the @TeslaRoadTrip 2014 weekend events. Here is what’s on tap for the weekend.

Saturday, February 15

10:00 AM - Tesla meetups at Hagerstown MD, Glen Allen VA and Newark DE Superchargers.
Ambassadors from the DC area will come early to charge and then greet “Supercharged” travelers as they arrive. These Ambassadors will be on hand to help coordinate charging activity.

2:00 PM - Convoys leave the three Supercharger sites and drive toward Washington DC.

4:00 PM - Check-in at the Residence Inn Capital View, Arlington, VA - Socializing at hotel lobby/lounge.

6:00 PM - Evening Reception.

Ongoing informal demos of the Lighted T and other Model S customizations by “artsci.”

Sunday, February 16

7:30 AM - Depart hotel and begin staging cars for the @TeslaRoadTrip 2014 group photo.

8:00 AM - Take photo and depart for the scenic drive of Washington, DC sights and continuing along the GW Parkway to George Washington’s home at Mt. Vernon, VA. Additional socializing at Mt. Vernon.

10:30 AM - Depart Mt. Vernon to return to hotel.

11:00 AM - Hotel/Charging/Brunch/Free Time – on your own.

1:30 PM - Depart hotel via carpools to Dulles Airport. Supercharged travellers can leave their cars for charging as necessary.

2:30 PM - Visit The Udvar-Hazy Center - Air and Space Museum at Dulles Airport, VA.

5:00 PM - Return to hotel from Air and Space Museum via carpool.

6:00 PM - Dinner @ Event Hotel. Guest Speaker - TBD. The cost is $63 per person ($19 per child under 12). Reservations & pre payment are required. Register for dinner here: http://teslaroadtrip.org/dinner

Door Prizes! - "artsci" Lighted T Kit and Front-Rear camera touchscreen switch kit. Tesla Branded merchandise.

Monday, February 17

- Long-distance “Supercharged travelers” depart for home. (12 noon check-out.)
- Possible unorganized events.
- Possible visit to Northern VA area Supercharger (if completed!) Anything you can think of!

Attendee Form:

If you would like to join us and haven’t already contacted us about attending, please click on the following link to fill out our attendee form:

http://teslaroadtrip.org/registration

Hotel Information/Reservations:

For those of you that would like to stay at the event hotel, you may reserve a room at the following link:

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/wasry-residence-inn-arlington-capital-view/

The event hotel is:

Residence Inn Arlington Capital View
2850 Potomac Ave, Arlington, VA 22202

Other Information:

If you have any other questions, please feel free to email us at:

[email protected]

Thanks so much – lets make this a great event!

Aaron

TMC.png

Last edited:
Outstanding idea Aaron and others. February is not the best month to visit DC but then again part of the point is that Model Ss are hardy and can conquer all. So can their owners! I live in the DC area and am in. Looking forward to it. Will reply officially to the proper address.

Happy New Year to all owners, friends, and visionaries.

I believe this would be an excellent opportunity to invite our elected Federal officials to drive/view/explore the Model S from real owners, to ensure that negative legislative proposals (from big oil and others) do not occur. This could be a fun event at the Capitol and it also would be a great photo op!! I don't know if my car will be here by then (scheduled delivery in late February), but it sounds like a lot if fun. Good luck!!!

Looking forward to the @TeslaRoadTrip reunion, this should be a blast - we'll definitely plan on being there.

Wishing everyone a happy and prosperous New Year 2014, see you in February!

All -

Please remember, if you plan to attend - even if you're local, please respond to the email link in the 1st post (along with your forum handle) to get you on our list and let us know if you'll be staying at the hotel (1 night or 2) or just driving in to attend.

Also if you're local, please let us know if you're able to provide your home charger for attendees just in case we have an unexpected overflow of cars and too few chargers. Because of this predicament, we may have to limit the number of long distance attendees for fear of not being able to charge enough cars...

Thanks!
Aaron

All -

A suggestion was made to convoy to the Udvar Hazy Air and Space Museum at Dulles Airport and was stated - "seems like a natural for this group" - and I have to agree!

Perhaps this could be done Sunday afternoon or on Monday morning for those that are staying.

Thoughts? Discuss!

Aaron

The Udvar-Hazy Center is normally open 10:00 AM to 5:30 PM. They often stay open an extra hour on holiday weekends like President’s Day, that would give us till 6:30. Admission is free but parking is $15.00. The distance from Arlington is 28 miles via I-66 and Rt. 50.

Lanny

All -

A suggestion was made to convoy to the Udvar Hazy Air and Space Museum at Dulles Airport and was stated - "seems like a natural for this group" - and I have to agree!

Perhaps this could be done Sunday afternoon or on Monday morning for those that are staying.

Thoughts? Discuss!

Aaron

Aaron--

That's a good idea, especially if you can negotiate a parking discount. Technically there's no admission but the parking rate is steep. Great photo ops as well if Tesla can pull some strings regarding access (though I don't know if you really want to make those efforts).

Driving from Arlington I would suggest a route that includes a trip across Key Bridge through G'town, crossing the Memorial Bridge to GW Parkway then 193/Georgetown Pike. Another option is to head out MacArthur Blvd/River Rd on the Maryland side of the Potomac and either have a mass ferry crossing at White's Ferry or a bridge crossing at Point of Rocks before heading back down to Udvar-Hazy.

GREAT suggestion Andrew!

We'll make sure we have a car pooling list for people that want to do this!

Aaron

- - - Updated - - -

Aaron--

That's a good idea, especially if you can negotiate a parking discount. Technically there's no admission but the parking rate is steep. Great photo ops as well if Tesla can pull some strings regarding access (though I don't know if you really want to make those efforts).

Driving from Arlington I would suggest a route that includes a trip across Key Bridge through G'town, crossing the Memorial Bridge to GW Parkway then 193/Georgetown Pike. Another option is to head out MacArthur Blvd/River Rd on the Maryland side of the Potomac and either have a mass ferry crossing at White's Ferry or a bridge crossing at Point of Rocks before heading back down to Udvar-Hazy.

John

Thanks for the tips! Will you be able to make the event?

Aaron

I am local and I would like to attend either Saturday or Sunday.

I think the Dulles Air and Space Museum is a great idea too!

I've got a single 14-50 in my garage that any of the attendees are welcome to use. I am 20 mins south of Arlington.

John

Thanks for the tips! Will you be able to make the event?

Aaron

I'm hoping to. My girls are off and it's a question of whether I drag them along on this trip. Truthfully, they love the 'community' aspect of having a Tesla so would likely be all for it. Probably won't need a room since we have family in Ashburn; don't include me for room count just yet.

Maybe Nick would be interested in a video shoot opportunity if he's doing East Coast stories?

Jim,

Sure, we'll put you to work. :smile:

I now have you on the list of local folks who can help coordinate. You should have some email from me.

Thanks!

Lanny

- - - Updated - - -

Bonnie,

Some here have proven that it's never too far to go for a Tesla party. :wink:

If you can get to DCA, IAD or BWI, we will pick you up.

Lanny

On a personal note, I'm sad I live too far away to join in!