Thread: Kansas City Detailing Recommendations

Kansas City Detailing Recommendations

I bought my Tesla without Paint Armor thinking I would get Opticoat or similar applied after delivery. However, I am having a hard time finding reputable detailing shops that I could trust with the car. Does anybody have any recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by MrPinrel View Post
    I bought my Tesla without Paint Armor thinking I would get Opticoat or similar applied after delivery. However, I am having a hard time finding reputable detailing shops that I could trust with the car. Does anybody have any recommendations?
    Did you find a detailing shop? When I took delivery the St. Louis service center wasn't open yet. Eveland Bros. fixed some minor issues and detailed the car for me. Since then, I have been doing all the hand washing myself. I have never gotten Opticoat before; but, so many recommend it that I am wondering if I should look into paint correction and Opticoat.

No, I am still looking.

It's not Opticoat, but if you are interested in someone who does top-notch paint protection film check out PDI Clear Bra in Shawnee. He wraps the film over the edge of panels and prefers to not use pre-cut kits so there are no alignment issues. The last car I had done needed to go back to the dealer to fix a small paint imperfection that was noticed until the middle of the wrap job. The guy at the dealer body shop couldn't believe that some of the adjacent panels were already covered they looked so good.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluke View Post
    It's not Opticoat, but if you are interested in someone who does top-notch paint protection film check out PDI Clear Bra in Shawnee. He wraps the film over the edge of panels and prefers to not use pre-cut kits so there are no alignment issues. The last car I had done needed to go back to the dealer to fix a small paint imperfection that was noticed until the middle of the wrap job. The guy at the dealer body shop couldn't believe that some of the adjacent panels were already covered they looked so good.
    I can vouch for PDI. I had him put on a full front clear bra on my Model S and could not be happier with the results. He does it out of his garage, but he was extremely knowledgeable and tells you the pros and cons of each.
    60 kWH | Grey | Grey Interior w/ Matte Obeche | 21" Silver Wheels | Tech | Sound Studio | Pano | Air | SC
    Res # 15,306 on 12/4/12 ~ Order Finalized on 1/21/13 ~ VIN P07605 via iPhone App ~ Delivery Button 4/1/13 ~ Delivery Window 3/30 thru 4/13 ~ Final Delivery - 4/11

I also used them when he worked out of his garage. He just recently moved the operation to a storefront near 83rd and K-7 highway. He still is doing it as a one-man operation - which is a good thing in my book.

Thanks everyone, I got in touch with PDI and had a good conversation with him. He did sound knowledgeable and had done several Teslas in the area. I was close to pulling the trigger but then he seems to have disappeared from the map, does not return emails or text messages...always feel hesitant about doing business with someone who doesn't communicate well. Hopefully everything is ok and he is not dealing with any emergencies or whatever.

In the meantime if anyone has any other suggestions I am open to them, thanks.

Thread Information