Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging in Davos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Next week we are traveling from The Netherlands to Davos following the Superchargers-track in Germany.
Unfortunately our hotel in Davos has no charging opportunity.
Does anyone know about alternative charging locations in Davos ? Think I just need it one time before leaving, as we will not use the car during our stay.

Last edited:
Plugshare only shows one in Chur 60km away, there is something on this web site Bike Davos Klosters about "And so that your electric bike never runs out of power, there is an extensive network of battery-charging points". Cannot find any more info. Perhaps you could contact the above site and see if they can give you any more info on charging.

Try LEMnet also

Last edited:
I read that in Switzerland there is a SuperCharger. Can't you use that SuperCharger?

I know - but that's 150Km from Davos (one way) .. and in the wrong direction.

- - - Updated - - -

At a previous Davos conference Renault / Nissan had a lot of Leafs and Fluences there. I can ask what they were using.

Thank you, that would be quite appreciated !

- - - Updated - - -

I think you have to charge in Chur or St.Moritz. check this chargemap it is up to date: http://www.goingelectric.de/stromtankstellen/?suche=chur
Lemnet is an other good source for Switzerland and Germany: http://lemnet.org/de/

@hileyms

Thank you both. Did not know about going electric.de.

My contact in Renault/Nissan told me that for the World Economic Forum they had to install a charging station in a local car park at a very large cost *on the condition they removed it afterwards*. So that rules that out.

The only other advice was just to call round other local hotels.

My contact in Renault/Nissan told me that for the World Economic Forum they had to install a charging station in a local car park at a very large cost *on the condition they removed it afterwards*. So that rules that out.

The only other advice was just to call round other local hotels.

Thank you for investigating.. That's exactly what I will do, also - Plan B - I know of a hotel on my way 80 km before Davos where I'll be able to charge.

As you will stay for a few days also an ordinary Swiss household plug (10A 240V, a so called T13) should do. Your hotel has certainly a corner in their garage near a plug. Just do not ask for an "electric car charging station". The next common plug in Switzerland, one number up, is the so called T23 rated at 16A, or then the blue single phase CEE plug. Also the red 16A 3 phase CEE is not all that rare. Talk to their house electrician if possible. Let me know if you need further help.

My contact in Renault/Nissan told me that for the World Economic Forum they had to install a charging station in a local car park at a very large cost *on the condition they removed it afterwards*.

Pretty short-sighted car park owners. They could have required permanent triple standard chargers instead, and then have a new service to sell and attract new customers.

I guess they don't know what they don't know. Once more people start driving EVs they will start to see the opportunities.

GSP

As you will stay for a few days also an ordinary Swiss household plug (10A 240V, a so called T13) should do. Your hotel has certainly a corner in their garage near a plug. Just do not ask for an "electric car charging station". The next common plug in Switzerland, one number up, is the so called T23 rated at 16A, or then the blue single phase CEE plug. Also the red 16A 3 phase CEE is not all that rare. Talk to their house electrician if possible. Let me know if you need further help.

Thank you Alfred - the approach makes sense. In the mean time I do have a backup as well - a Tesla employee just 25 km from Davos gently offers his charging option. Some weeks ago I asked the hotel by mail about car charging options and indeed they had no idea what I was talking about -;). I think I might also try Renault/Nissan dealers.
BTW - I do like your site !

Thanks Edi for your compliments. Do not forget that you need a Schuko to T13 Adapter to be able to plug into a Swiss household plug. Those are readily available in Switzerland at tourist stops as well as shops in tourist areas. Even your hotel might have a few. Check with Tesla in Holland how many amps your car will draw when you connect with your Schuko adapter. It is possibly letting the car default to 13A - a norm adapted e.g. for German Tesla Roadsters. If so, do not forget then to tell your car to charge only at 10A before activating the charge. Another consideration is to make sure that the circuit of the plug you will use is not used at the same time by other hefty consumers or e.g. the hotel computer… The electricians I talked to so far were all very understanding and helpful. In one hotel I was able to reach into the kitchen, in another, with an extension into an unused room nearby (Roadster, not S). I wish you a good trip, plenty of snow in Davos and of course a Happy New Year!

Thanks Edi for your compliments. Do not forget that you need a Schuko to T13 Adapter to be able to plug into a Swiss household plug. Those are readily available in Switzerland at tourist stops as well as shops in tourist areas. Even your hotel might have a few. Check with Tesla in Holland how many amps your car will draw when you connect with your Schuko adapter. It is possibly letting the car default to 13A - a norm adapted e.g. for German Tesla Roadsters. If so, do not forget then to tell your car to charge only at 10A before activating the charge. Another consideration is to make sure that the circuit of the plug you will use is not used at the same time by other hefty consumers or e.g. the hotel computer… The electricians I talked to so far were all very understanding and helpful. In one hotel I was able to reach into the kitchen, in another, with an extension into an unused room nearby (Roadster, not S). I wish you a good trip, plenty of snow in Davos and of course a Happy New Year!

Thanks - I think we'll manage. Always have plan B (and C..) available - as long as Europe is not covered with Superchargers.
I've been driving appr. 11.000 km in my Model S since September 23. It's just such a great car to drive - the "trouble" of charging is so much worth it !

Happy New Year to you (and others who replied on my post) too !

Egbert