Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii - Firmware Updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

WeazL

Moderator - Hawaii
Aug 18, 2013
Oahu, Hawaii
A new thread to track the progress of rollouts over here in da islands.

Last night I was upgraded to v5.8.4 (1.49.57) which notes that the car will now reduce charge current if it detects voltage fluctuations. It says that it may reduce the charging load by 25%. So, if you plug in to a 40 Amp line, but the power fluctuates too greatly, the vehicle will automatically reduce its demand to 30 Amps as a preventative safety measure.

Last edited:
I got it yesterday morning and let it install when I was at work. after work when I got in my car my radio was off and I had to reselect my radio station to hear anything. (mute/unmute and changing volume did not work)

Got the update notice a couple of days ago. Scheduled it to update at 12:30 AM. Next morning had a message that update was unsuccessful. But did not have the option to retry the update since then. According to my screen I am currently on v5.8.4 (1.49.57) so I guess the update did go through.

I tried to check my Model S to see if there was an update -- but there was not even a Model S in my garage. I am a wanna be update checker. Car doesn't arrive until February. I go tired of being in absentia.

(Sigh), We've all been there. Its painful. You find yourself practicing stomping the floor as if there was a pedal there. You find yourself looking to the right and left to see those looking back to see your S, and over your shoulder for the blue lights. Yes, we've all been there. A few have been there twice.

I got my update on Monday. Didn't see any difference.

Honolulu MS, we are here for you for you. please vent all you want. We should open a thread just for those who are going through the evil Teslanxiety. We all went through what you are going through. Some of us more than others (akikiki, for example). We can't wait to hear about the Tesla Grin when you finally get your MS.
scared-and-sweating-smiley-emoticon.gif

5.8.8 was offered today to my S to install tonight. I pressed Install now and watched it whirl the A/C fan, flash the lights and move the door handles for 22 minutes, they it was finished. So, up and running in 22 minutes plus the 2 minute countdown to start. Release Notes do not mention anything new since 5.0