Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another supercharger is now under construction and this thread is dedicated to the periodically updates and pictures. The location is supposed to be in a strip mall very close to Meijer. The address is 1333 Conant Street, Maumee, OH 43537.

Google Maps - http://goo.gl/TGhF70
Tesla Wiki Supercharger Map - http://www.teslawiki.net/supercharger/ (needs to be updated with new location)

The location was discovered by
Wattson. Thanks!

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

Untitled.png

I felt there were too many unanswered questions about this location, so I decided to go check it out.
(like what is the green building that used be donatos)
IMAG0274.jpg
IMAG0284.jpg
IMAG0283.jpg
IMAG0274.jpg

So, there are four places to eat right here. Deets, tropical smoothie cafe (myfavorite), steak escape, and chipotle. Across the street is a five guys and a taco bell. The meijers is in the same parking lot. It's not far from a couple if freeways, but it's further than any other location I've seen. It's not far from the airport either.

It looks like 3 super chargers (the packaging on the actual super chargers are labeled 1 of 3, 2 of 3, and 3 of 3) so six spots. Nothing had changed much since the last photos. There is a ditch dug for where the plug in equipment will be, and the initial conduit is in place in the pad where the super chargers will be.

Everything else, I will have to confer with Michiganmodels before I discuss or post pictures, but that's all fluff anyway (companies and packaging labels)

Does this count as having visited a super charger location? If so, I'm at 8.

Edit: There is supposed to be pictures I'm this post, but they aren't coming up... My android device hate this forums.
Re-edit... Now the pictures are showing up... Let me know if anyone is having trouble viewing them.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: rabar10
Thanks for making the trip all the way out from CA to give us this update :tongue:; I agree that it's further from the highways than many locations, but I think it's still a very good spot. It's about 0.5 mi from I-80/90 (which is the primary east-west highway), and about 1.5 miles from I-475/US-23 which goes up to Ann Arbor and other points north. It seems like a pretty good compromise spot to serve multiple routes.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Went past it again today on my way back to Toledo airport. They have put up pillars to block off the supercharger area, 6 station backbones, and added a lot of snow to make it feel more homely.p

and a photo from last time i was there...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    926.1 KB · Views: 952
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,018 KB · Views: 952
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    694.9 KB · Views: 928
Last edited:
Where will the solar panels go? :)

Nice view of what a build-out looks like. Lot of boxes and work ahead for the guys. I would be wondered how the service is pulled from the high voltage transmission lines and if they add another transformer just for the line going over to the SC. Great food choices there. Watch your calories... :)

Where will the solar panels go? :)

Currently there are two SpC stations that have Tesla provided Solar panels.
More will probably not be going to be installed until significant coverage of SpC is implemented.
THEN, as part of Phase Two, Solar Panels get installed to make the SpC station grid neutral.

Phase Three would have battery back-up to make SpC Stations grid Independent.

I met a Tesla employee testing the SC in Macedonia who mentioned Maumee, OH is supposed to be energized on Monday. I might be able to head out that way on Monday, but I won't have a MS to charge. Just a heads up to any owners in the area to check the Nav on Monday to see if the SC is online.

Any update when you can would be great. I'm driving Toronto-Chicago on Thursday or Friday, and this Supercharger would make it a 1 day trip vs. 2.

I met a Tesla employee testing the SC in Macedonia who mentioned Maumee, OH is supposed to be energized on Monday. I might be able to head out that way on Monday, but I won't have a MS to charge. Just a heads up to any owners in the area to check the Nav on Monday to see if the SC is online.

Wow! Somehow I never put that together. They're going to need a new format together though. Once there are a lot more superchargers in the middle of the country it will be hard to quickly identify if it should on be on the left or right.

Its a funny division that has grown from the history of rollouts; South Dakota is in the West and Texas is in the East...I would have used the Mississippi River; most people can relate to that. :confused: