Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cloth or Leather seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
about to order and i can't seem to be able to make my decision on leather or cloth. based on my observation and experience from the test drive the leather seating doesnt look very desirable. anyone has cloth and regrets it?

thanks!

When you say 'desirable', are you referring to feel or look? Both are subjective. While I haven't experienced this, there are many threads on here and TM forums about the susceptibility of the leather seats to wear and tear, while I haven't heard similar complaints about the cloth seats. Then again, I prefer the leather seats I got (tan). Other than the piping and alcantara insert, I don't believe there is any diff between standard leather and 'performance' leather.

I didn't get cloth because at the time you couldn't get heated seats with cloth. Also cloth comes in any colour as long as it's black. I'm not a fan of black interiors (or exteriors for that matter). Way too hard to keep clean looking. So far the grey leather has been holding up okay (~16,000 miles). The main problem with both seats is the lack of side support.

Bottom line is that if you don't mind black going with cloth is likely better.

I had leather in my cars. Then this time when I wanted to upgrade my car, I was initially looking for a Mercedes. To save money I thought let me go for non leather. I was pleasantly surprised to learn that non leather option is cheaper, easier to maintain, is durable and does not degrade. It remains new after long time. They call it vinyl leather. I did not buy Mercrdes but when I moved to Tesla I was planning to opt for non leather. At service center I liked it better than leather.

I'm very pleased with my cloth seats. I've generally preferred good cloth to leather in prior cars and agree that Tesla did a great job. Since you're not sacrificing any features, if you're not put off by gray/black you could save some money and get a top notch seat.

Love my cloth seats. Just excellent. Couldn't be happier. I generally dislike leather seating because it makes me sweaty in the summer, and freezes my wife in the winter. I was excited to be able to select a cloth interior in a car this expensive, though I have noticed it's becoming more common (though it's often alcantara). They get the full memory and seat heater treatment now, so those disadvantages are gone.

In any case, the advantage I see for leather is that it's easier to clean and has the little pocket for your ChargePoint card.

Sit in them both if you can, but I highly recommend them. I don't think you'd be disappointed with them.

If you happen to eat/drink in the car, the most likely places for spills are covered in little panels of faux leather, which may be helpful.

Have cloth in my blue p85+ and it is fantastic. I actually think you get better grip when driving hard as the tesla seats aren't particularly sport driving oriented.

Fully agree. No matter what you choose, with a complete lack of bolstering there's nothing keeping you in the seat. The cloth at least provides some friction.

I would not get cloth, since it comes in nothing but black. If Tesla offered tan/beige cloth, I would seriously consider it.

My first car had cloth seats (since I was on a more strict budget) and they were really good. No frozen behind in cold weather! :tongue:

That is the thing, I wish Tesla offered a tan option for cloth! I would imagine a lot more people would go with cloth over leather if there was more choice in colors.

So all those people who do not want to see dead cows or vegan, please petition Musk for more cloth color options!