Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Simple yet modern...by the way it is almost 2014.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Two simple ways to increase Tesla sales:
1. Get a high profile rapper to drop Tesla in a song.
2. Provide additional incentives for share holders.

- - - Updated - - -

"If GM was Jack Daniels and Tesla was Anheuser Busch which would you buy a beer from?"
-Don't buy a Volt buy a Tesla, it's what they do.

The best way to increase Tesla sales is to manufacture more cars. They are selling as fast as they can be, the delay is on panasonic meeting demand.

But just to comment on your points:

1. Not going to make a difference, the best celebrities can do is drive the car. Their fans will know. (Then comes the question of how many fans would be able to afford one but you can say it is for the Gen III)

2. This is a big no. The best incentive that a company can offer is making good products and customer service. Good products and customer service = more buyers and revenue which helps push stock up. When a company spends more time worrying about short term share holders than making good products. That is when companies go down hill.

evme,
Thanks for the reply, I hope you are enjoying your Model S! I understand and appreciate your comments, but I currently live in America and understand American's (The direction America is headed for better or for worse). Besides the obvious I was providing some new marketing solutions that those under 30 could relate to. This is a pivotal time as we transition into the EV era, anyone can increase production and have great customer service but who can change the world. Tesla has already provided consumers with your examples, and with success but it's time to excell. As for the main stream outreach the Gen III/Model E will be much more affordable, so yes it will reach the less fortunate or as you implied.

You can't excel more than pre selling every car you make. Having a 4 month wait list in the US and 5-9 month wait list in Europe.

People buying cars in the $35-65K range are still quite fortunate. Base price vs fully loaded performance + model.

Most people see the BMW 3 series as the most direct ICE competitor.

Average age of 3 series owner is 42. Average household income is $140,000. That is not too far off from Model S owners.

US median age is 37. US average household income is $52,000.

When you try to convince musicians to use your car/brand in a song it usually comes out as cheezy.

If it happens organically it may actually become a hit and sometimes a classic.

Neither of these will increase sales. Until Tesla is no longer production constrained, it's more negative than positive to spend time, money, and media attention on advertising and gimmick support. Additionally, any (human) spokesperson (paid or otherwise) adds risk as the character, associates, and actions of spokespeople reflects on the company whether or not it's rational for that to be the case.

Neither of these will increase sales. Until Tesla is no longer production constrained, it's more negative than positive to spend time, money, and media attention on advertising and gimmick support. Additionally, any (human) spokesperson (paid or otherwise) adds risk as the character, associates, and actions of spokespeople reflects on the company whether or not it's rational for that to be the case.

Right. Using a rapper will likely alienate 3/4 of potential customers.

evme,
Thanks for the reply, I hope you are enjoying your Model S! I understand and appreciate your comments, but I currently live in America and understand American's (The direction America is headed for better or for worse). Besides the obvious I was providing some new marketing solutions that those under 30 could relate to. This is a pivotal time as we transition into the EV era, anyone can increase production and have great customer service but who can change the world. Tesla has already provided consumers with your examples, and with success but it's time to excell. As for the main stream outreach the Gen III/Model E will be much more affordable, so yes it will reach the less fortunate or as you implied.

I know your intentions here come from a good place ... but you do realize that many of us here also currently live in America and understand Americans. :)

What you may not realize is that Tesla is filled with people under 30 and Tesla isn't missing input from that market segment. But more importantly, Tesla is not actively marketing to anyone right now (over or under 30). Tell me what print ad or television commercial you've seen. Right. None. They're just not spending money there and won't be for the foreseeable future. The extent of the marketing effort is social media and um, yeah. That's about it. And yet brand recognition is off the charts. So their strategy is working without the big spend. My point is that they're not looking for new marketing solutions because they don't have old marketing solutions. Make sense?

Maybe eventually. But right now their focus MUST be on flawless execution. Without that, the most brilliant marketing won't matter.

Turn on your TV for 10 minutes, you'll be treated to a barrage of churning hype that hasn't changed since, well ever. Either "you've gotta have this car" (no mention of the dealer) OR "you're gonna love this dealer" (little or no mention of the car(s)!) They're attempts to squeeze little slivers of market share toward their undifferentiateable (is that a word?) crappy products.

Tesla is wise to stay far above that fray.

Last edited:
The best way to increase Tesla sales is to manufacture more cars. They are selling as fast as they can be, the delay is on panasonic meeting demand.

But just to comment on your points:

1. Not going to make a difference, the best celebrities can do is drive the car. Their fans will know. (Then comes the question of how many fans would be able to afford one but you can say it is for the Gen III)

2. This is a big no. The best incentive that a company can offer is making good products and customer service. Good products and customer service = more buyers and revenue which helps push stock up. When a company spends more time worrying about short term share holders than making good products. That is when companies go down hill.

Agree. Tesla should concentrate on producing well engineered cars and providing great customer service. That is what will sell more cars. Word of mouth (from current owners) and great reviews from media is all the advertising they have needed so far and it is working for them. Keeping production lower and creating demand (and a wait list) actually makes it more desirable, it will also most likely result in higher quality as they are not churning out cars to fill demand. They have not built a business model based on auto companies of the past, and should not, that is a dying model.

Agree 100%. IMO Tesla should add ACC, AWD and blind spot detection (at least as options) as soon as possible. Then the Model S will be the best car in the world (provided the SC network will have full world coverage).