Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Toronto Airport - Charge Stations for Long Term Parking?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are several J1772 stations (they look like 30A chargers) inside the valet parking area at Terminal 1. I used it once with the Volt (parked through the valet service), and the staff ensured that my car was fully charged when I returned. When picking up my car, they indicated that I could park there even if I didn't use the valet service. I never took them up on this, and I am not sure exactly how to get to this area without paying for the high price (hourly rate) parking. It is on level 5 near the east walkway to the Terminal.

I suggest that you contact the Terminal 1 valet parking manager - and let us know what you find out.

David

Anybody know if Pearson Airport has any charge stations for long term parking? Heading to Mexico for the week and would like to drive the Tesla to the airport and ensure I've got enough charge to make it back home again when I return!

I'm not too far from the airport and I do have a level-2 evCharger. You are welcome to park at my place for the week. PM if you would like.

There are several J1772 stations (they look like 30A chargers) inside the valet parking area at Terminal 1. I used it once with the Volt (parked through the valet service), and the staff ensured that my car was fully charged when I returned. When picking up my car, they indicated that I could park there even if I didn't use the valet service. I never took them up on this, and I am not sure exactly how to get to this area without paying for the high price (hourly rate) parking. It is on level 5 near the east walkway to the Terminal.

I suggest that you contact the Terminal 1 valet parking manager - and let us know what you find out.

David

Thanks David. I parked in T 1 on level 5 last month but couldn't see any way to plug in without entering the valet area. Having to ask questions at 4 AM didn't seem too appealing so I just left the car in a regular spot for 6 days to cold soak. I'm only 55 kms from Pearson so wasn't concerned about range. BTW I also asked recently on my way out of the Park and Fly Valet lot about charging and was told that they also had some form of plug available. If I can get over the notion of handing the car off to the valet service, I will test it out on my next flight.

That's really sweet, thanks for the offer. Will chat with my wife this aft and PM you.

I'm not too far from the airport and I do have a level-2 evCharger. You are welcome to park at my place for the week. PM if you would like.

- - - Updated - - -

Really great info here, thanks for the help. I'll call the valet manager and get the info. Even if I take eMileage up on his offer, it's still nice to get a sense of our options. Will report back soon.

OK - here's my update. I called the Parking folks at the airport. If I Valet the car there, I'm guaranteed an EV charge spot. If I drive it in to plug it in myself, there is no guarantee that I'll get to charge. I'll take my chances.

To charge get there, I head into the Parking spots at Level 5 D10 and park my vehicle. Then I just need to pop into the valet office and have the convert my ticket over to a Daily Parking ticket, then I'm good to go for the week. That' s in an ideal world - will report back on how things went!

@eMileage - thanks so much for your offer! Time will tell whether I made the right decision or not. Regardless, it was very thoughtful and I appreciate it.

The Long Term Lot (other side of Airport Road) is the ideal spot for Level 1 (120 volt) infrastructure. A lot of people use that lot (myself included) for trips of several days to several weeks. You really don't need more than Level 1 when cars are parked long-term, and it would be relatively inexpensive to install (compared to Level 2 equipment). I have lobbied for this, and if more of us do, we may end up with a viable long-term solution at YYZ.

Reactions: MpowerSkills
Another update - we changed our plans. I called the Hilton to inquire about plugging in for the week. We got a rate of $129 for the night, which included free parking for the 8 days that we're away. They also let me park my car (myself) in the Valet garage and reserved a 120 plug for me to use. It's been sleeping and charging peacefully for the past 10 hours with no issues.

I'll test the airport parking next time I'm away!

Yup - your'e missing something :)
I got a park, stay, and fly for $129. I returned yesterday and all went very well.

They let me park in the covered garage and plug in for the week. They even looked after letting Tesla come and get my car, service it, and return it. The Tesla folks drove the car, valet just brought them over to it.

I'll stay there always now before I fly. At $129, with free parking for the week AND covered charge, they deserve some sort of Electric Vehicle award!

I'll stay there always now before I fly. At $129, with free parking for the week AND covered charge, they deserve some sort of Electric Vehicle award!

That's good to know. I live about 20 minutes from the airport so never really think about getting a hotel. But then I can pay that much anyway in the Long Term lot, and that is without anywhere to plug in!

I believe several of the airport hotels offer extended parking packages. I have used the Holiday Inn a few times in this way. Haven't had occasion to do this since getting the Model S, so I never explored the question of a plug-in opportunity. I certainly will be asking next time.