Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Extra set of Roadster wheels to borrow for a 1.5 tire configuration test

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would anyone happen to have an extra 4 wheels, just the rims would do, in order to conduct a tire test for the 1.5? Working with "asgard" and Deschwerks to find more possibilities and tire combinations for the 1.5.

Rob @ Deschwerks has some ideas and tires with the right rotational values needed, but we need to put them onto some rims to play around ensuring there's no traction control issues.

If there's a set of 4 rims I'm happy to put down a deposit on them while we're using them and will ensure they'll be treated with the best of care.

Best if you live around the SF bay area for this to work out.

Echoing what Wiztecy said. I spoke to Rob and he was willing to experiment with various tires. This helps the Roadster community and ensures the longevity of the car.

Thanks asgard! Its rare finding someone someone like Rob to offer time and experiment with things like this, I pointed out to him earlier that this was a weak point of the 1.5 and he offered to help and asgard pushed it to make it happen. Just need someones extra snow-shoes or rim set to find other rubber alternatives and make sense out of this tire rotation/traction control limitation we have on our hands.

I don't have extra rims - but you can borrow my car if you want and move tires around.

(I have 2.5 rims - but the car is a 1.5) Shouldn't make any difference. Works fine with stock 1.5 tires.

Thanks Andrew, this is great. Really appreciate it! Will coordinate with asgard and Rob to move forward and get some dates. Will PM you when we get more details.

I have an extra set of wheels. The tires are worn out Hoosiers. You pay the freight and you can use them.

Thanks Roger, that's really nice and generous of you lending them out! Will be coordinating with Asgard, Andrew, and Rob to see what works out best. Andrews option sounds appealing since he's local and we'll have his 1.5 to test the TC and tire combinations on. Mine is my daily commuter so I can't spare it unfortunately. Working with Rob we'll try to find out if there's any other 5 lug Lotus rim combinations that may work with our Roadsters as well.