Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Draft through small triangular window next to side view mirrors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Dallas Service Centre adjusted mine. No draft. Note that they adjusted it for wind noise as it was summer but had it not been done I'm sure that there would have been a draft. Now the front of the car is somewhat cold in a non-drafty way, but that's because there's nothing heating up the frunk so the heat radiates from your body to the frunk and you feel cold.

Adjusting the fan speed to a high level helps because it pressurizes the cabin.

@Wormhole

Some more details on my car. In addition to the draft from the triangle window, I also have cold air blowing in thru the gap around the door handles and uneven heating of the foot well, where my left foot is nice and toasty warm but my right foot is freezing. So, I was told that they were sending a number of parts to be installed in my car based on things they'd learned from the cars in cold weather climates (ala Norway). They did not specify what the parts were. Also, I was told that they had a fix for my uneven heating issue that was coming right from the engineers. So, hopefully Tesla's X-mas present to me will be a draftless car and a warm accelerator foot.

I will gladly keep you posted on whether or not this fix works and pass along any details I can glean as to what they did to fix it.

Does anyone have this issue? If so have you got it fixed? I was told some draft is "normal" today by a local service center tech.

I have this problem. Included it in my last service visit. They said they performed the "A-Pillar bulletin," test drove, and car is performing as designed. I asked what that involved and they said they add more foam tape behind the seal to make it stick out more and presumably seal to the window better. Sounded ok with me until I drove off: the problem is still there and I can still feel and hear the draft. To me there is no improvement at all. Would be interested in your feedback if you make headway on this issue!

Musterion
Thanks for the reply (btw saw pics of your car in your other post, very nice :) ), fortunately my local service center manager is as keen on solving this as I am so i will be sure to keep you posted on this.

btw they performed the same fix on mine and while it reduced it it did my eliminate it.

Does anyone have this issue? If so have you got it fixed? I was told some draft is "normal" today by a local service center tech.

Well known issue that many have had... and had repaired by Tesla. I had it, including a small trickle of water at the car wash from that spot. Tesla replaced the weatherstripping and made some adjustments to the door. It fixed the problem there, but unfortunately I now have some wind noise from the B-pillar area that wasn't there before.:mad:

Well known issue that many have had... and had repaired by Tesla. I had it, including a small trickle of water at the car wash from that spot. Tesla replaced the weatherstripping and made some adjustments to the door. It fixed the problem there, but unfortunately I now have some wind noise from the B-pillar area that wasn't there before.:mad:

Interesting. Thanks for the feedback. Notice how your "fix" was different than the one above. Same company right? :).

Slightly off topic, but if anyone is hearing a faint "whistling" noise while driving at freeway speeds it could be coming from the pano roof.

My car developed the above noise a few weeks ago. Service told me that it was the front pano roof "fascia", the rectangular black plastic section of the roof that sits between the front of the pano roof and the windshield. Wind leaks through this area and causes whistling and increased perception of wind noise in the car. The factory approved fix involves installing brackets under the fascia to pull it down, creating a better seal and keeping air from entering that area.