Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

100th Supercharger!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hope you are correct but I think it will more likely be March or April. Are you including Europe or just US?

I think that this should be both, a world-wide total, and a North American total. Then again, how about a European total as well. Think BIG! :wink:

If you look at the Teslawiki Superchargers Map, I think that they provide the best summary info. Their thresholds seem pretty good. The thresholds appear to be an SC in the Tesla Motors Supercharger Page list or on the car's Nav screen for an open SC, and an address with pictures or eye-witness confirmation that construction has started for an "under construction" SC. Note that actual locations are at the bottoms of the circles for "open" and at the bottom of the cone for "under construction." The best way to see this is to set a small range threshold which produces a circle centered on each location; compare those centers with the icons.

Using the Teslawiki Superchargers Map summary, there are currently 54 open SC's and 24, known, under-construction SC's, for a total of 78. That means there needs to be another 22 started, but not known about, or starting "soon." With a 5 week build time, I will guess Feb 10 for the worldwide total hitting 100.

I am willing to bet that we have an additional 100 online during calendar year 2014 over what we end up with online in 2013. It seems to be snowballing. Hopefully Tesla will have an easier time getting property owners to want them on their sites. Tesla owners have discretionary income and what shopping area/restaurant owner wouldn't want a potential customer for 30 minutes with nothing to do but spend some $$ ?

Guys I certainly hope my more pessimistic guess is wrong and Tesla hits 100 in early February. I have just felt mislead too many times with past missed dates starting with last June and ending with the original Summer and Fall misses. Hopefully Tesla has started to get a better feel for the amount of work and lead time necessary and will be able accomplish the "coming soon" map by early February. If they do that they will have ( by my count) 88 in North America plus the existing 13 in Europe making a total of 101.

USNODENLATCHT
Open446421158
Construction220000022

According to teslawiki.net/supercharger map we are 20 away worldwide. Three more discovered yesterday, 2 US, 1 EU so that brings us down to 17. At the rate they are getting permits could be late February worldwide!!!
US we need around 30 more may be March or April at the earliest.
It would make a great announcement in the 4th quarter conference call in the first or second week of February. Elon will announce cross country and east cost travel possible that is a given. But having 100 completed or in construction would be great!!!

I think they are doing a great job!!!

USNODENLATCHT
Open446421158
Construction220000022

According to teslawiki.net/supercharger map we are 20 away worldwide. Three more discovered yesterday, 2 US, 1 EU so that brings us down to 17. At the rate they are getting permits could be late February worldwide!!!
US we need around 30 more may be March or April at the earliest.
It would make a great announcement in the 4th quarter conference call in the first or second week of February. Elon will announce cross country and east cost travel possible that is a given. But having 100 completed or in construction would be great!!!

I think they are doing a great job!!!

I think they have probably already reached 100 in construction. I firmly believe there are at least 20 out there that we do not know about yet. :D

I think they have probably already reached 100 in construction. I firmly believe there are at least 20 out there that we do not know about yet. :D

I agree. I believe that most if not all the coming soon sites are in some stage of beyond "this would be a good place for a supercharger". In other words I believe they all have been sited and have contracts with the site owners. However, some will progress more quickly than others due to local issues. Take for example the Edison NJ site. The process probably started there in September or before. Tesla has been denied a permit due to esthetic reasons. They are making changes to the plan and will need to represent next month. Hopefully the permit will be approved at that point but one never knows. Who knows how many other sites are having issues that are delaying the process.

I still maintain March/April as the timeframe that there will be 100 operational chargers. Here's hoping I am wrong (and not on the early side!).

Just reviving this thread since we seem to be getting close to the date. Obviously my Feb 1 prediction was a bit off :( however we now have at least 84 under construction in the US and 98 in the world ......

Kevin it looks like I was wrong as well. Based upon current work I think we will hit 100 worldwide by mid February. So with that date in mind it will have taken about 15 months for the first 100 Superchargers to be deployed. Any guesses on how long it will take for the next 100?

I am going to guess 5 months. I expect that we will see #200 by mid summer.