Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Teslas in Stevens point wi charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone have a tesla or know of a 240 charging station in Stevens point area? Going there for Christmas and a bit worried.

I don't. I suggest you just plug into a 120 volt. Works fine for me when I visit friends. 2 miles per hour added. And, I don't know your route, but stop at Rockford for SC to top up and then SC at Mauston, WI. Then, do the reverse on the way home. You will do fine if you plug into 120V in Stevens Point.

Does anyone have a tesla or know of a 240 charging station in Stevens point area? Going there for Christmas and a bit worried.

Per PlugShare there is a Nissan dealer in Point. I would check with them about availability - many Nissan dealers will let you use their J1772.

Another solution may be to ping Calvin.K - his information says he lives in Wisconsin Rapids.

In the alternative, I have a lake home near Wisconsin Rapids with a 240v outlet. If you can't find any other solution I could get you the security info and you could charge, but the driveway will not be plowed so it would be difficult.

I would also put this in the Midwest forum...much better chance of getting a hit from someone with a Tesla in the area.

He's driving >200 miles to his destination. Unless he is planning on staying in Point for more than 3 days (and will not drive at all while he's there), he needs more power than 120 will provide.

Understood. He has two superchargers on his route. One at Rockford, Il and one at Mauston, WI. Easy peasy especially if he plugs into 120v at his final destination.

Understood. He has two superchargers on his route. One at Rockford, Il and one at Mauston, WI. Easy peasy especially if he plugs into 120v at his final destination.

A lot of people don't realize this. If you are staying at a destination a while, the 120V/12A charge that you can get from a regular 3-prong plug is 75 miles a day. If you are going to be there a while, it adds up. If you just need enough to turn around back to a Supercharger, it all helps.

Happy Holiday Driving!

A lot of people don't realize this. If you are staying at a destination a while, the 120V/12A charge that you can get from a regular 3-prong plug is 75 miles a day. If you are going to be there a while, it adds up. If you just need enough to turn around back to a Supercharger, it all helps.

Happy Holiday Driving!

I could make the trip in my 60kW. In fact, I am working with someone on arranging a Tesla Meet at the big Energy fair in Custer, WI (just north of Stevens Point), and even in my 60, leaving Mauston with a full charge, I can make the trip round trip back to Mauston to Supercharge again with no issues (baring 0* weather)

I posted on the other thread for this but will repost.

The Holiday Inn and Convention Center in Stevens Point will set up a portable 240 outside there conference center for you, if you are staying there. Just call a head and make arrangements with the manager and maintenance. They may also have a J1772. I know the manager was trying to get approval to have one installed, but do not know if he was successful.