Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

295 miles of range? Okay...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

andrewket

Dec 20, 2012
Was at the Old Orchard store today. They had a white P85 there with 1k miles charging at 120V/6A. The rated range was 295 miles!?

I'm guessing that it's highly inaccurate because the car is not really being used and it's doing a very slow trickle charge. But still, the highest I've ever seen on my car was 272 back in May when it was new and 4.x software.

ny4u3ubu.jpg

A

I've gotten with 4.5 an ideal range 305 second day I had my car. Drove to the cape that day. Still had to recharge at Natick mall

I now have 5.8 I got my 2rd update to 5.8 today. No new features seem to appear since original 5.8

Where do you guys see ideal range. Only options that I have are Rated or Typical. Rated seems to charge to 430km at 90% and Typical to 330km.

I guess it's possible if you coast at 40mph and never stop for a stop light / stop sign.

Pick your 30 miles up or down in Colorado. Here is the last 30 miles into Salida yesterday from the San Luis Valley. The climb up Poncha Pass from the south is much more gentle than the descent to the north into Salida. I have seen 30 mile average Wh/mi below zero, not sustainable, but fun... :wink:

Salida 20131216-Energy.png