Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model S Owner in Naples

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Everybody,

My wife and I will be moving down to Naples in one week and staying there until May, returning in October. My Model S will be delivered the next day, 12/23. The 240V twin charger has already been installed in my garage.

I would love to meet fellow model S owners in my area.

Is there a EV charging lot or garage near the FLL airport? I have to fly out to LA at the end of Feb and wouldn't mind getting a direct flight out of FLL as opposed to a one-stop flight out of RSW but would love to take the S, if possible.

--Gordon

Hello Everybody,

My wife and I will be moving down to Naples in one week and staying there until May, returning in October. My Model S will be delivered the next day, 12/23. The 240V twin charger has already been installed in my garage.

Is there a EV charging lot or garage near the FLL airport? I have to fly out to LA at the end of Feb and wouldn't mind getting a direct flight out of FLL as opposed to a one-stop flight out of RSW but would love to take the S, if possible.

--Gordon

Hi Gordon,

Welcome to the forums and to the club.

Feel free to use the membership list that I sent you to contact nearby club members.

According to Recargo.com there are no chargers at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport. The nearest charger to the airport is the Tesla Dania Beach Service Center. You may be able to schedule a charge there before you arrive at the airport. The distance from Naples to the Dania Beach Service Center is about 106 miles. You should have no problem making it there. Then it is about 4 miles from Dania to the airport.

Larry

Hi Gordon,

Welcome to the forums and to the club.

Feel free to use the membership list that I sent you to contact nearby club members.

According to Recargo.com there are no chargers at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport. The nearest charger to the airport is the Tesla Dania Beach Service Center. You may be able to schedule a charge there before you arrive at the airport. The distance from Naples to the Dania Beach Service Center is about 106 miles. You should have no problem making it there. Then it is about 4 miles from Dania to the airport.

Larry

And the Dania Beach service center is literally directly across I-95 from the Ft Lauderdale Airport. Should be pretty convenient for you.

Welcome to SWF. I'm Erol and will be cordinating another gathering for January. Most of our snow birds should be here by then. We had a great time at our last get together. We have several great owners and enthusiast in this area. Feel free to message me and I will give you my info if you have any questions about Ft. Myers or Naples.

Hello Everybody,

--Gordon

Hi Gordon,

Welcome to the forums and congratulations on your delivery tomorrow. Sounds like Miss Erol is already planning the next Club get together. Looking forward to meeting you then.

Steve

I took delivery of my P85 Model S on December 31. It may be interesting to have a local get together to compare notes. I find my Tesla to exhilerating. some minor issues that are promised to be corrected, but the driving experience is exceeds anything that I have driven. If I can be of assistance to you regarding your Tesla, let me know. I live at Vasari at the end of Livingston and Imperial.

I took delivery of my P85 Model S on December 31. It may be interesting to have a local get together to compare notes. I find my Tesla to exhilerating. some minor issues that are promised to be corrected, but the driving experience is exceeds anything that I have driven. If I can be of assistance to you regarding your Tesla, let me know. I live at Vasari at the end of Livingston and Imperial.

Welcome to the forums.

If you are interested in meeting other nearby Model S owners you may wish to join our club. If interested, please click on the link in my signature.

Larry

Gordon,

Glad your Model S is in Naples. We have the Silver MS.

Would enjoy meeting you. My wife and I are in Old Naples thru May. Then we head back to the Midwest.

Send a private message and we can set a time to meet. We're having visitors for the next two weeks..

Roland

Roland,

Another option available to you is to contact one another initially by direct email and then exchange phone numbers and addresses. If you'll notice both of you are club members, see little icon under each screen name. Just refer to the membership list that I send out every month to look up Gordan's, or any other nearby members' email address.

Larry

My first four weeks in Naples have been very busy and I forgot to go back here. I can say that I love my car! Erol, I may be too late for this month's get together but I will send you a note about attending a future one. I will be here through April.

Larry, thanks for the info about the Dania Beach Service Center.

I will be doing my first drive further than the Ft. Myers airport a week from Friday when my wife and I drive to Miami Beach for the annual antiques show a week from Friday.

My first four weeks in Naples have been very busy and I forgot to go back here. I can say that I love my car! Erol, I may be too late for this month's get together but I will send you a note about attending a future one. I will be here through April.

Hi Gordon,

Erol is organizing another Southwest region event, but it hasn't been determined that it will be this month. Please visit this thread, SW FL Tesla Group, express your interest and perhaps suggest a location.

Larry, thanks for the info about the Dania Beach Service Center.

I will be doing my first drive further than the Ft. Myers airport a week from Friday when my wife and I drive to Miami Beach for the annual antiques show a week from Friday.

You're certainly welcome. Please let us know how your trip goes.

Regards,

Larry