Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If you get ICE'd , this is what it should look like !

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well done Florida mall in Orlando ! Fortunately there where two spots and one was vacant so I could charge and make it home to Tampa :)
I did not look how much the ticket was. I would love it to be 1000 $ :)

WP_20131214_002 (Small).jpg

There's a charging station next door to the police station in Montpelier, VT. Unfortunately many of the police are, for whatever reasons, anti-EV. More than one EV owner has walked over to the police station to request ticketing or issuing a warning only to be met with hostility. One EV driver decided to leave a note on the ICE car after the police refused to do anything, and when the officer saw him, he came over and yelled at the EV driver and took the note off the car and tore it up in a fit of anger. So I guess it depends on where you are.

There's a charging station next door to the police station in Montpelier, VT. Unfortunately many of the police are, for whatever reasons, anti-EV. More than one EV owner has walked over to the police station to request ticketing or issuing a warning only to be met with hostility. One EV driver decided to leave a note on the ICE car after the police refused to do anything, and when the officer saw him, he came over and yelled at the EV driver and took the note off the car and tore it up in a fit of anger. So I guess it depends on where you are.

Having lived in NH for several years, I had my share of run-ins with VT Highway patrol... I was surprised how rude they were. They give Vermonters a bad rep, which is sad because most Vermonters I met are super pleasant folks, including my former boss.

Having lived in NH for several years, I had my share of run-ins with VT Highway patrol... I was surprised how rude they were. They give Vermonters a bad rep, which is sad because most Vermonters I met are super pleasant folks, including my former boss.

Sadly there is some truth to this.

That's weird. VT prides itself on being an eco-friendly (dare I say, green) state. To be hostile to EV is directly opposite of what I would expect.

Vermont holds the US record for more Roadster sales per capita than any other state in the country. And there were no state incentives for EVs. It sounds impressive until you find out there were only 7 sold in the whole state!:biggrin: Every one is powered by solar, wind, or micro-hydro. I think the general population in VT is supportive of EVs. It's just a minority of law enforcement who might not be.

While not in recent times, I've seen Easton security use these stalls to charge their Smart EDs, despite having their own dedicated spaces in the partitioned valet section on the ground level.
View attachment 38714

I have run into this as well but I pressed the security call-button near the door and requested that they move it. It was gone in less than five minutes so I could have the space.

I don't think there would be as many who have a problem with EVs if there weren't tax incentives.... Particularly tax money being wasted on companies that end up being total flops. Solendra, Karma, and now the Blink chargers. I'm sure I'm forgetting some too. It isn't free market capitalism like our country is supposed to be. Of course little do most EV haters realize but many other areas of the economy are corporatist, not just EV and alternative energy. People see what they want to see. I personally think there should be no incentives at all for anything... And I tell people all the time I don't agree with the tax credits I get for my car. It basically means a bunch of middle class families who couldn't afford my car helped me buy my car, which is wrong. But... If you're going to take some of my tax money to pay for incentive programs, then I guess I'll go ahead and use them. File this one under: You get what you asked for.... And Libertarians are in the minority so were stuck with the government the majority votes for

That would be consistent with an inherently libertarian-Republican state that attracts lifestyle-liberals. The police won't come from the liberal side.

If there are laws that enforcement are choosing not to enforce then you'd have to go up the chain and if that doesn't help you can always sue. The police are legally allowed to prioritize, but they certainly can't remove come over and remove a note and at the same time claim they have other pressing issues. Of course, that assumes there is any legal enforcement powers on the EV parking.

Of course, should Tesla succeed in their aims, the cheaper performance BEVs the cops would get to drive might bring them round. ;)

I don't think there would be as many who have a problem with EVs if there weren't tax incentives.... Particularly tax money being wasted on companies that end up being total flops. Solendra, Karma, and now the Blink chargers. I'm sure I'm forgetting some too. It isn't free market capitalism like our country is supposed to be. Of course little do most EV haters realize but many other areas of the economy are corporatist, not just EV and alternative energy. People see what they want to see. I personally think there should be no incentives at all for anything... And I tell people all the time I don't agree with the tax credits I get for my car. It basically means a bunch of middle class families who couldn't afford my car helped me buy my car, which is wrong. But... If you're going to take some of my tax money to pay for incentive programs, then I guess I'll go ahead and use them. File this one under: You get what you asked for.... And Libertarians are in the minority so were stuck with the government the majority votes for

Frankly, I doubt most people think it through that much. I think it's more like "hey, there's an empty parking space. Can I do what I need to before I get a ticket?" I see people without the handicapped tags parking in handicapped spots. I doubt they are hard core libertarians making a political statement.