Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Simple Radar install in San Diego

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

KOL2000

Supporting Member
Apr 30, 2013
San Diego
Does anyone know someone reputable in San Diego that can hardware a V1 radar detector (just need the power to be wired into headliner or mirror) so I don't have the cable hanging down over screen? Someone that has done tesla before so I don't screw up anything like 12V battery, etc.

thanks!!

I think the question is still out there if radar detectors work very well through the tesla windshield. Many people have reported it not working so well. There is a thread somewhere in the model s section

I can can confirm that my V1 does work. It saved my ass today in fact.

Now does anyone know where in SD I can get the original question addressed????

Go to ACG Automotive. They just wired up a 9500ci on my Tesla and they previously hardwired my Valentine 1 in my CLS. They have done tons of other wiring for my Tesla (parking sensors, blind spot sensors, etc) so they definitely know their away around a Tesla. In fact, my Tesla is still there getting some final touches done.

Sean, Tal, and James are some of the nicest guys in the car industry and they will hook you up. Tell them Logan sent you. :)

Last edited:
Go to ACG Automotive. They just wired up a 9500ci on my Tesla and they previously hardwired my Valentine 1 in my CLS. They have done tons of other wiring for my Tesla (parking sensors, blind spot sensors, etc) so they definitely know their away around a Tesla. In fact, my Tesla is still there getting some final touches done.

Sean, Tal, and James are some of the nicest guys in the car industry and they will hook you up. Tell them Logan sent you. :)

THANK YOU SO MUCH LOGAN!!! Much appreciated!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Good to know but seems contrary to some old posts I recall (but can't locate) which said otherwise. Exactly where did you place it?

At the very top on the left side of the RVM. Works perfectly fine for Ka band, only important one in SD.

Just got done with ACG. I saw Logan's Tesla there (HOLY SH$T that is HOT).

Smooth, quick, flawless installation. Highly recommend all SD Tesla people check them out for electrical, suspension, wheels, etc.
photo 1-1.JPG
photo 2-1.JPG