Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Volvo XC90 T8 AWD

Quote Originally Posted by Rifleman View Post
    Its good to finally have a plug in SUV option that will be available nation wide, but for what the XC90 is going to cost, I would simply buy a Model X.
    True, the Model X will be a better choice for many and especially those who want to get completely off of gasoline.

I have a quote for a Fully Loaded R-Design in my inbox, it's coming out to $89,000 CDN. All things considered with the cold doing bad things on TESLA's batteries in the winter, it might be worth considering this SUV. I could easily see a P85X fully loaded coming in around 150k CND based on the P85D pricing right now. 60K in savings is a pretty penny…. Obviously won’t be as crazy fun to drive but there is a lot of tech built into this thing, including a self driving “autopilot” mode as the Volvo CEO described at the LA Autoshow. The interior is super slick as well - do some reading on the sound system, they designed the car around the subwoofer LOL.

Model X #1417
    Quote Originally Posted by bint2k View Post
    I have a quote for a Fully Loaded R-Design in my inbox, it's coming out to $89,000 CDN. All things considered with the cold doing bad things on TESLA's batteries in the winter, it might be worth considering this SUV. I could easily see a P85X fully loaded coming in around 150k CND based on the P85D pricing right now. 60K in savings is a pretty penny…. Obviously won’t be as crazy fun to drive but there is a lot of tech built into this thing, including a self driving “autopilot” mode as the Volvo CEO described at the LA Autoshow. The interior is super slick as well - do some reading on the sound system, they designed the car around the subwoofer LOL.
    Is that with the hybrid drivetrain? I didn't think that was going to be released until sometime after March 2015.
    I'm also curious about the relative reliability of the XC90 and the X for 2015-2016. They're both new designs so I expect there will be teething problems with both.

Quote Originally Posted by RDoc View Post
    Is that with the hybrid drivetrain? I didn't think that was going to be released until sometime after March 2015.
    I'm also curious about the relative reliability of the XC90 and the X for 2015-2016. They're both new designs so I expect there will be teething problems with both.

Correct, with the hybrid drivetrain.... Their taking pre-orders now. At least with the X most of the drivetrain issues will be sorted as their "testing" it out now with the Dual Motor setup with the S

Quote Originally Posted by bint2k View Post
    Correct, with the hybrid drivetrain.... Their taking pre-orders now. At least with the X most of the drivetrain issues will be sorted as their "testing" it out now with the Dual Motor setup with the S
    When will they be at dealerships to check out?
    2013 Tesla Model S P85: 12.417 @ 111.570 MPH

Performance 85kWh, custom 19" Forgestar c5fv wheels, white/black/CF, pano,sound,tech,twin chargers!

Thread Information