Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 31 to 35 of 35

Thread: Volvo XC90 T8 AWD

  1. #31
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Florida, United States
    Posts
    282
    Quote Originally Posted by Rifleman View Post
    Its good to finally have a plug in SUV option that will be available nation wide, but for what the XC90 is going to cost, I would simply buy a Model X.
    True, the Model X will be a better choice for many and especially those who want to get completely off of gasoline.

  2. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    101
    I have a quote for a Fully Loaded R-Design in my inbox, it's coming out to $89,000 CDN. All things considered with the cold doing bad things on TESLA's batteries in the winter, it might be worth considering this SUV. I could easily see a P85X fully loaded coming in around 150k CND based on the P85D pricing right now. 60K in savings is a pretty penny…. Obviously won’t be as crazy fun to drive but there is a lot of tech built into this thing, including a self driving “autopilot” mode as the Volvo CEO described at the LA Autoshow. The interior is super slick as well - do some reading on the sound system, they designed the car around the subwoofer LOL.

  3. #33
    Model X #1417
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    744
    Quote Originally Posted by bint2k View Post
    I have a quote for a Fully Loaded R-Design in my inbox, it's coming out to $89,000 CDN. All things considered with the cold doing bad things on TESLA's batteries in the winter, it might be worth considering this SUV. I could easily see a P85X fully loaded coming in around 150k CND based on the P85D pricing right now. 60K in savings is a pretty penny…. Obviously won’t be as crazy fun to drive but there is a lot of tech built into this thing, including a self driving “autopilot” mode as the Volvo CEO described at the LA Autoshow. The interior is super slick as well - do some reading on the sound system, they designed the car around the subwoofer LOL.
    Is that with the hybrid drivetrain? I didn't think that was going to be released until sometime after March 2015.
    I'm also curious about the relative reliability of the XC90 and the X for 2015-2016. They're both new designs so I expect there will be teething problems with both.

  4. #34
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    101
    Quote Originally Posted by RDoc View Post
    Is that with the hybrid drivetrain? I didn't think that was going to be released until sometime after March 2015.
    I'm also curious about the relative reliability of the XC90 and the X for 2015-2016. They're both new designs so I expect there will be teething problems with both.

    Correct, with the hybrid drivetrain.... Their taking pre-orders now. At least with the X most of the drivetrain issues will be sorted as their "testing" it out now with the Dual Motor setup with the S

  5. #35
    MSP #4242, MX #648 mnx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ancaster, Canada
    Posts
    2,046
    Quote Originally Posted by bint2k View Post
    Correct, with the hybrid drivetrain.... Their taking pre-orders now. At least with the X most of the drivetrain issues will be sorted as their "testing" it out now with the Dual Motor setup with the S
    When will they be at dealerships to check out?
    2013 Tesla Model S P85: 12.417 @ 111.570 MPH

    Performance 85kWh, custom 19" Forgestar c5fv wheels, white/black/CF, pano,sound,tech,twin chargers!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Volvo unveils adorable 9" touchscreen for 2015 XC90
    By jvonbokel in forum Cars and Transportation
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 2014-05-29, 07:48 AM
  2. Volvo V60 Plug-in Hybrid
    By SwedishAdvocate in forum Electric Vehicles
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 2013-12-02, 03:29 PM
  3. Anyone See this Volvo Approach to EV's?
    By bint2k in forum Future Cars
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 2013-11-16, 04:19 PM
  4. Volvo plans an EV
    By TEG in forum Electric Vehicles
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 2013-02-13, 02:35 PM
  5. New Volvo C30 fun web site
    By TEG in forum Cars and Transportation
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 2011-04-06, 02:06 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •